• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smoking.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I can take it or leave it, I'm one of those annoying people who can smoke on a night out and then not have one for the next month.
    Sadly Mr Pogle does smoke, he had given up for about 6 years, but started again when he and I were having a bit of a bad time.

He may try and stop again over the Christmas break, i do hope so, but its up to him.
    Poor old Mr Pogle. Is he a small furry rodent too?
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I can take it or leave it, I'm one of those annoying people who can smoke on a night out and then not have one for the next month.
      Sadly Mr Pogle does smoke, he had given up for about 6 years, but started again when he and I were having a bit of a bad time.

He may try and stop again over the Christmas break, i do hope so, but its up to him.
      Did you catch him with the babysitter?

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        Poor old Mr Pogle. Is he a small furry rodent too?
        He's not small, but he is VERY furry.... and orange
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          which doesn't address the underlying problem.
          You've proven a few times that you can give it up - that's pretty impressive.

Unfortunately the fact that you keep starting again probably means that you want to smoke...work out what it is you really like about it, and you'll be half way there.
          Last edited by SallyAnne; 12 December 2008, 13:09.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Nobody likes smoking, they just convice themselves they do
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I hope you dont carry the guilt for that? That would have been 100% completely his choice - regardless of the circumstances. In his mind he was probably looking for an excuse to start again.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Nobody likes smoking, they just convice themselves they do
                The taste and smell, probably not. But the act....people DO genuinely like that!
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  The taste and smell, probably not. But the act....people DO genuinely like that!
                  The act is the taste and the smell. Otherwise just go outside every hour and take some deep breaths
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    we talking smoking here ?

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

So much nonsense being posted here. Smoking is an addiction to nicotine pure and simple. Whatever you dress it up as - that's what it is and that's what you want - Nicotine.

Been a few years now. Still tempted ocassionally especially with a drink. Pop the odd nicotine lozenge now and then.

But that helps against Alzheimers anyway.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X