• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rapist caught by DNA on craft knife 12 years after attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    As the DNA database gets bigger, the incidents of wrongful arrest and people having to prove their innocence are increasing right along with it. That is just wrong. It's just not the English way.
    Quit your scaremongering. The precis of British law is that you're innocent until proven guilty, the onus is on the state to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you are guilty.

Joe Bloggs getting arrested because his DNA is on an old TV he used to own is not going to get locked up just because his DNA is on a TV that's been nicked.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...er-attack.html

It is odd as I am very pleased he was caught. But I feel very uneasy at him being arrested for doing his civic duty.

Maybe we should just have a national DNA database and be done with it?

So unfair his Human Rights were infringed, the right to rape women when he feels like it
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
        The rule is if you turn up at a school with a knife the police are called. No exceptions. And the Police will arrest you. No exceptions..
        How do they get cutlery into the school dining room then?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          So unfair his Human Rights were infringed, the right to rape women when he feels like it
          And if he had just binned the knife he would still be at large.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            Quit your scaremongering. The precis of British law is that you're innocent until proven guilty, the onus is on the state to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you are guilty.

Joe Bloggs getting arrested because his DNA is on an old TV he used to own is not going to get locked up just because his DNA is on a TV that's been nicked.
            Explain speeding tickets then. With one of those it is an offence to be silent and you get a £1000 fine and points on your licence for not telling them it was you driving.......

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post

Spoken like someone who's luckily never had a brush with the law.

The system has changed quite a bit in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I nominate this for Idiot of the Day Award.

Comment

York Crown Court heard that unemployed Sellars his attack from friends and family for over a decade.
                  Eh? Does anyone speak Telegraph?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Missing word round

York Crown Court heard that unemployed Sellars ***** his attack from friends and family for over a decade.

hid

Well, he's hardly going to boast about it.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      I nominate this for Idiot of the Day Award.
                      That is soooo unfair. I have won it every day for the last month and I'm going to win it again today.

Comment

Working...
                      X