• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Famine in 2009 ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    You can find out quite easily by holding a cigarette lighter to your bum and then blowing off. If the flame is blue your fart contains methane. Seeing as not all farts produced by methane farters are methane farts, you'll need to repeat the test a number of times over the course of a few weeks, while sticking to your normal diet, to ascertain whether you are a methane farter. Make your own credit crunch entertainment by inviting some friends around for a methane testing party.
    It would probably be safer to do this in the bath.
    Equipment: Bath, water, cup, splint/matches, gas spectrometer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Hmmm, this has given me an idea. We could use taxpayers’ money to fire a massive canister of compressed oxygen at jupiter and watch the bang as it hits. No real economic benefit, but it would be laugh and provide a good night’s telly.
      Wouldn't it be better to fire a grappling hook at it and tug it closer so we could harness all that methane as fuel? People have won Nobel prizes for less.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Wouldn't it be better to fire a grappling hook at it and tug it closer so we could harness all that methane as fuel? People have won Nobel prizes for less.
        Hmmm, that's getting a bit over ambitious and expensive. Remember, budgets are limited by Mr Brown's credit rating. Once he's rescued another bank, built another big databasey thingummyjig and paid out all those public sector pensions, there won't be much more than 50p to pay for the jupiter mission.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          That's all very well, but where are we going to borrow the money to buy a rope that goes around the equator 14,600 times and has a breaking strains of 1898x10^25 Kg?

Not to mention a grappling hook that can attach to a gas?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            That's all very well, but where are we going to borrow the money to buy a rope that goes around the equator 14,600 times and has a breaking strains of 1898x10^25 Kg?
            The same place as we borrowed the money to invade two large countries, pay huge numbers of government personel, bail out some badly run banks, build a big database for the NHS and the national ID card and provide Mr Prescott with 2 Jags.

The Bank of Cloud Cuckoo Land.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

All right, make it a tough garden hose instead of a rope, attach an industrial-size vacuum cleaner to this end, and attach a funnel to the other.

Comment

I don't expect famine to affect me too badly, as I've got a very small appetite.

Comment

I was sent to the stores as a young apprentice for just such an object. Ended up with a long stand instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                    I was sent to the stores as a young apprentice for just such an object. Ended up with a long stand instead.
                    We used to send folk for fallopian tubes.

Comment

Working...
                    X