• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oliver Postgate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    The Master liked the Clangers.

I hope he was waiting for his hero Oliver Postgate to die before he launched his world domination master plan.
    I remember the episode well 'twas the sea devils I believe.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I remember his voice so well from my childhood and for that matter watching many of the classics again with my kids.

Comment

I bought a video of six early Ivor the Engine adventures. Magnificent. The first three were in black and white.

The kids preferred Thomas the Tank Engine though. So I killed and ate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I'm surprised Bagpuss hasn't commented on this.
          I've been out for a run and didn't know. Oliver Postgate and Cosgrove Hall were 1970s kids TV.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The original scripts for Clangers actually included the Clangers' dialogue - this was then performed on the swannee whistle so as to mimic the sounds of English speech.

This led to the BBC having grave doubts about broadcasting the episode where Major Clanger says - or rather, whistles - "Sod it, the bloody thing's stuck again!" when a door jams

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
              If we are going to have honours, these are the sort of people who should be knighted, not non-entities like rubber-lips Jagger. This guy didn't even get an MBE.

I'm off to find the soup dragon...
              He was a bit too anti-establishment, I expect. Conscientious Objector in WW2 etc.

I have a Soup Dragon but I don't think I'll be telling her the news in a hurry. 'You know what it's like slaving over a hot volcano all day. A dragon gets fed up sometimes.' Genius.

Comment

Working...
              X