• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying property *cash*

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    My place was up for £399k in June, best offer recieved was in August £340k but ex-girlfriend would not take it, just got an offer yesterday of £295k

In mid August ex was asking me for £17k to buy her out, she emailed me this morning now saying she will sign everything over to me and I don't have to pay anything for it as she is that scared of negative equity.
    Sounds like free money to me....
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      So very little useful insight or advice then?

I can see why IT has gone to India.
      you could try a house buying forum, rather than an IT forum

Do you post on cashhousebuyers.com about the million and one technical problems you keep having (why has my wireless mouse stopped working?) and then complain when they don't know the answer?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        you could try a house buying forum, rather than an IT forum

Do you post on cashhousebuyers.com about the million and one technical problems you keep having (why has my wireless mouse stopped working?) and then complain when they don't know the answer?
        It's true I forget that in the old days (pre 2000) Contractors were cash rich, property speculators and canny investors rather than spotty oiks with £700K of mortgage debt on a terraced house.

Pathetic!

Comment

It's true I forget that in the old days (pre 2000) Contractors were cash rich, property speculators and canny investors rather than spotty oiks with £700K of mortgage debt on a terraced house.

Pathetic!

get with the times pops
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

My new place for like minded people.

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/forums/

I think I'm past the Dr Who fans and Labour Luvvies we have here.

Comment

My new place for like minded people.

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/forums/

I think I'm past the Dr Who fans and Labour Luvvies we have here.
              is that a holiday suggestion?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Not interested in flats, only family homes with parking and a garden, to buy at auction and then put straight back onto the open market at markup, and make about £10K profit for doing nothing on each one. Rinse and repeat.
                So in a falling market, you want to buy houses and resell them?
                I really hope there is a series of Property Ladder in the pipeline shot after the market started to collapse, where people waste tens of thousands of pounds and then don't make a profit due to ballooning prices... it would be a great watch but I imagine it won't be shown.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I really hope there is a series of Property Ladder in the pipeline shot after the market started to collapse, where people waste tens of thousands of pounds and then don't make a profit due to ballooning prices... it would be a great watch but I imagine it won't be shown.
                  its called Property Snake

and isn't "ballooning prices" the opposite of what you mean?
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

I think one of us is confused by the negatives in my post. I can't say with certainty which of us it is though
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I can tell you are a Labour voter.

You really haven't got a clue.

Google below market value property.

As a cash buyer at auction I'd be paying a tiny fraction of the market value.

Comment

Working...
                      X