• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Buying property *cash*"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You'll have to wait a long time DP before house prices become as low as the thirty quid you have in the bank!
    How's it going wickerman, or was it bamboo....got any more plan B's up your sleeve? Could do with knowing what to avoid. I like to learn from other people's mistakes. Lost enough money from my own as it is.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Do I go in now at say 20-30% below current asking price or wait another 12 months or so to clean up?

Buy now or wait?
    You'll have to wait a long time DP before house prices become as low as the thirty quid you have in the bank!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    or Soft landing, which I suppose falling into the shhit is
    Not bad, for a Keith Lemon lookalike.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I wonder what happened to all those people a couple of years ago who predicted a 'gentle correction'?
    or Soft landing, which I suppose falling into the shhit is

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Looks like your grand return has been greeted with about as much enthusiasm as Lance Armstrong's

He really dropped a bollock.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Do I go in now at say 20-30% below current asking price or wait another 12 months or so to clean up?

Buy now or wait?
    Grey Slates Index is looking good.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Is it an actual drop now, not just a reduction in rising like they were at the start of the 'downturn'?

It's a real drop

tim

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Looks like your grand return has been greeted with about as much enthusiasm as Lance Armstrong's

Time to get a new sockpuppet, DP...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I wonder what happened to all those people a couple of years ago who predicted a 'gentle correction'?
    No-one ever remembers who got which prediction wrong. Just make loads of predictions and remember the ones you got right.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied

Buy now or wait?
    You sound like you're following the instructions of The Mainstream Media, who at some point in the past 3 weeks have decreed unanimously that house prices have fallen around 15-20% from peak, and have another 15-20% to fall before the market bottoms out, in 12 months or so. I think Robert Peston might have floated that as a possibilty in early November, and the other hacks took it as gospel. Well, if enough people do believe them then they'll be proved right after all.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Your advice is as worthless as your logic.

Buy when it's rising again? Yes, that's when people accept 50% of the asking price.

Dick.
    These companies that offer to "buy your house guaranteed" were around for years, and profited with rising house prices. Plus who cares what % of the asking price they accept if the asking price is unrealistic to begin with.

Anyway, good luck with your well thought-out project.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by sappatz View Post
    UK property prices dropped by 3%.. in one month... in november
    looks like a soft landing, no ?

Is it an actual drop now, not just a reduction in rising like they were at the start of the 'downturn'?

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    replied
    UK property

UK property prices dropped by 3%.. in one month... in november
    looks like a soft landing, no ?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    The property auction I want to a couple of months ago either sold everything around Estate-agent value; or didn't, but there was a reserve price on it at round about Estate-agent value that stopped it from selling it at all. Nobody rubbing their hands at getting a juicy bargain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X