• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much will BoE cut rates by today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Ignoring the someone like SA bit... £68/hr is just under £550 per day and so not unreasonable for any contractor who can blag a senior role.
    Indeed. I just offered a PM £600 a day.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Have to agree with baggy. SA comes across dimmer than a low energy bulb in a black lampshade. Labour voter too!

Apart from the public sector, what sort of client is going to hire someone like SA on £68/hr?

You is 'aving a larf!
      Soon there wont be any other employers than the public sector!

Better brush up on those race relations questions
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Ever thought she might just be pretending?

Oh I forgot - everyone on cuk tells the truth.......
        Nobody

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Indeed. I just offered a PM £600 a day.
        I'm guessing they didn't ask (m)any daft questions though

PS Any jobs going like?
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 4 December 2008, 14:53.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

I'm guessing they didn't ask (m)any daft questions though
          Correct

PS Any jobs going like?
          Maybe..

Comment

To play devils advocate when I said having us on, I mean't either about the rate or being daft as a brush
            To be fair, most of the stuff I normally say on here IS the truth. I've never claimed to be a ******* brainbox - far from it!

But I'm really good at my job. (And my job is rather nichey)

My rates are always 400-600 on average, depending on location. And I can't believe for one second that when I've mentioned this I've been "bragging" - cause I'd be the first to point out that it's just the market, it's not me being "worth it" or any better than anyone else. Everyone who works in my field gets paid the same.

You lot are such a bunch of brain snobs though - why do I have to know the financials market or politics or have word of the day toilet paper to be worthy of a good wage for my job?

Bagpuss - you're from Manchester ffs - us in the North didn't all grow up with a public school education, with fathers who read the Sunday Times accross from us at the breakfast table... I'd expect more from you than this "keep the lower class thickos in their place" attitude towards earnings.
            Very disappointed in you.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              Bagpuss - you're from Manchester ffs - us in the North didn't all grow up with a public school education, with fathers who read the Sunday Times accross from us at the breakfast table... I'd expect more from you than this "keep the lower class thickos in their place" attitude towards earnings.
              Racist

What is wrond with Southerners anyway?

Comment

To be fair, most of the stuff I normally say on here IS the truth. I've never claimed to be a frolicking brainbox - far from it!

My rates are always 400-600 on average, depending on location. And I can't believe for one second that when I've mentioned this I've been "bragging" - cause I'd be the first to point out that it's just the market, it's not me being "worth it" or any better than anyone else. Everyone who works in my field gets paid the same.

You lot are such a bunch of brain snobs though - why do I have to know the financials market or politics or have word of the day toilet paper to be worthy of a good wage for my job?

Hey steady on! Just goes to show you don't need an IQ or education to make good money!

Interesting news to all the professional people in London fighting over £200/day contracts with their £700K mortgages on city apartments.

Comment

To be fair, most of the stuff I normally say on here IS the truth. I've never claimed to be a frolicking brainbox - far from it!

Hey Sally, Since when has class dictated intelligence? I'm just amazed by the naivety sometimes for someone in your position. Everyone says some daft stuff on here, many times to get a reaction (I know I do) but you seem to ask some GCSE level stuff. Hence I think you are having us on.

PS I'm not from Manches tor
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 4 December 2008, 15:11.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Hey Sally, Since when has class dictated intelligence? I'm just amazed by the naivety sometimes for someone in your position. Everyone says some daft stuff on here, many times to get a reaction (I know I do) but you seem to ask some GCSE level stuff. Hence I think you are having us on.

PS I'm not from Manches tor
                    Where you from then?

What GCSE stuff do I say?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X