• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switzerland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure that Switzerland is as quiet as Francko makes out. The Scottish pipers band in the pub I was in was very loud.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Francko.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        That's interesting I keep more than 60%...hmm more like 70% and 10% of gross is in a private pension which admittedly pays out when you're retired but you still get it back. It might even be transferrable but I'm not sure. You are also entitled to unemplyoment benefit, 70% of pay up to a maximum of CHF 9000 for up to 18 months.
        Interesting because I was told non Swiss nationals could not recieve benifits even if they contribute.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

non-Swiss nationals don't necessarily have access to means tested benefits, but they are entitled to unemployment benefit and the state pension.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

So did the guys who have contracted in there just go through the normal channels (agent contacts/jobserve)? Once you got a contract, did you then apply for the work permit? I.E is it sort of like the US in that you need a "sponsor"?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SomeoneElse View Post
              So did the guys who have contracted in there just go through the normal channels (agent contacts/jobserve)? Once you got a contract, did you then apply for the work permit? I.E is it sort of like the US in that you need a "sponsor"?

Cheers
              The agents or the HR of the company will usually help you. At least that's how it happened to me and some other few people I know. Mind you also that english is not an official language there and all documents must be filled in the local language so would be rather difficult for foreigners if they had to do it themselves(in your case obviously would be german).
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
              X