• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To iPhone or not iPhone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy it, but get the 16gb. With all the funky apps, games, mp3 etc you'll be glad you got the larger size...I didn't and kick myself daily.

As for battery life…mine is used for personal e-mail (external email is restricted at clientco), web browsing, games, listening to music for the whole of my two hour commute…oh and the phone. Battery will last the whole day…just!

Keyboard takes getting used to, and can be frustrating when drunk or if you're fat.

Camera is carp, never used it.

And the text message lack a lot of standard functionality...but the conversation thread format is way cool, dude.
    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      I don't understand why it doesn't come with a stylus - would a stylus work with it?
      It's a capacitive touch screen. It works by your finger changing the capacitance of a region of the screen when it's touched. A stylus won't work, and isn't needed. The software is clever enough to work out where the middle of your finger is and sets that as the contact point each time.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        It's an Emperor's new clothes device that's what it is.
        "They" said that about all of the following...

Telegraph
        Telephone
        Wireless
        Television
        Personal Computer
        Mobile Phone

The iphone/touch is a compelling platform that won't become ubiquitous as the above on it's own, but I think the class of device will. The new Nokia N97 is a similar platform, as is the G1.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
          Buy it, but get the 16gb. With all the funky apps, games, mp3 etc you'll be glad you got the larger size...I didn't and kick myself daily.

As for battery life…mine is used for personal e-mail (external email is restricted at clientco), web browsing, games, listening to music for the whole of my two hour commute…oh and the phone. Battery will last the whole day…just!

Keyboard takes getting used to, and can be frustrating when drunk or if you're fat.

Camera is carp, never used it.

And the text message lack a lot of standard functionality...but the conversation thread format is way cool, dude.
          It's the apps that are swaying me TBH. I know there are probably better functioning alternatives and impersonators but i doubt they've got the same community/following with all the apps etc. There's even one that posts to wordpress blogs straight from the phone

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          It's a capacitive touch screen. It works by your finger changing the capacitance of a region of the screen when it's touched. A stylus won't work, and isn't needed. The software is clever enough to work out where the middle of your finger is and sets that as the contact point each time.
          Sold!
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

JFDI!

Unless you like to send loads of pics by text.

Comment

It was a close call for me too, but mms pics matter to us as her indoors sends daily ones of 7 month old daughter. I also wanted to use phone as a 3g modem, so got a Nokia E71. As for apps there are a lot of hackers doing stuff for this phone and I can post blog entries on e-mail. I am posting this on my E71.

Comment

i got one a month or two ago and i must say that it is great...

i use mine for calls, texting, web browsing and it is also set up to push on my emails from the office.

the battery life isnt too bad... mine lasts the day and then i charge it at night.

like some folk have said already... the keyboard thingy takes a bit of getting used too. also it doesnt allow you to open any attachments sent with emails etc.... but if your not looking for that then it is a good piece of kit!

Comment

apparently the gphone is faster for most apps
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I picked on up and found it heavy
                    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                      I picked on up and found it heavy
                      Just put it down again sweetie.... Its not for kiddies

Comment

Working...
                      X