• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Triffids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Nicked from the police and army.
    A pump action shotgun? Found in the middle of London?

You ever seen a police man running around with a shotgun?

Comment

I'm a big Wyndham fan (the author the book for the ignorant) but I've never seen TV adaptations of any of his books (Midwich Cuckoos was his too, they renamed the film version I think). Interested to watch and see if they ruined it or not.

Has anyone read the sequel "Night of the Triffids" by another author?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I'm a big Wyndham fan (the author the book for the ignorant) but I've never seen TV adaptations of any of his books (Midwich Cuckoos was his too, they renamed the film version I think). Interested to watch and see if they ruined it or not.

Has anyone read the sequel "Night of the Triffids" by another author?
        Village of the Damned, they made (I Think) 2

The newer one had that Superman actor (Can't remember his name) the one that ended up in a wheelchair.

The Day of the triffids has been a film and a series.
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Village of the Damned, they made (I Think) 2
          There's a much better 60s British B&W film version than the crappy American John Carpenter remake. But better than that was the sequel Children of the Damned - which according to IMDB was also John Wyndam - did he write a sequel?

If you've seen that Simpsons episode where the kids sneak out at night to see a British horror film called "The Bloodening" with lots of creepy kids with glowing eyes that know all the secrets of the adults, that's what it's based on.

I thought The Chrysalids was by far John Wyndam's best.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I thought The Chrysalids was by far John Wyndam's best.
            In the same vein
            I liked 'Star of Ill Omen' by Dennis Wheatley

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              A pump action shotgun? Found in the middle of London?

You ever seen a police man running around with a shotgun?
              Come on, it's supposed to be fiction, and sci-fi fiction... a glimpse of the future and all that...
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Come on, it's supposed to be fiction, and sci-fi fiction... a glimpse of the future and all that...
                True, but I was shouting "Where the feck did he get that gun from" at the TV.

Comment

True, but I was shouting "Where the flip did he get that gun from" at the TV.
                  I must admit that I was a bit uncertain as to why the (presumably civilian) security guards at the Triffid farm were armed to the teeth.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I must admit that I was a bit uncertain as to why the (presumably civilian) security guards at the Triffid farm were armed to the teeth.
                    1. Triffids are dangerous
                    2. It was set in the future
                    3. Terrorists
                    4. It was in the script

any of the above
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

True, but I was shouting "Where the flip did he get that gun from" at the TV.
                      Anyone who knows anything about real life knows that these things are not left lying around. If you have watched any of the Shwarzeneger films you will know that they are kept in a secret room, hidden behind the wall with a red access button under the counter

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X