• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Triffids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Didn't watch any of it.

Never liked John Wyndham much.
    Philistine!
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Watch it, Big Nose.
      Have I got a big nose, Mum?

Stop thinking about sex!

I wasn't!

You're always on about it. "Will the girls like this? Will the girls like that? Is it too big? Is it too small? "

Comment

Blessed are the Cheesemakers.
        Reg: There is not one of us who would not gladly suffer death to rid this country of the Romans once and for all.

Dissenter: Uh, well, one.

Reg: Oh, yeah, yeah, there's one. But otherwise, we're solid.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          once the disaster strikes you'd try to get firearms from like the only people who have them and who also were trained to use them. Might as well shoot yourself, oops - you'd need a gun for it also!
          Didn't we do this in another thread just a few days before?

Yes, we did.

Guns did not work on Triffids. They had to invent special CD-flingers to chop the stinging bit of the flower off.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            You'd know who wins if you'd ever read the book you Philistine
            That doesn't follow when a classic gets "adapted" for TV or film. For example, "I am Legend" was turned from a fantastic story with an utterly surprising ending into a piece of tulipe with a dull-as-ditch-water-saw-that-predictable-but-unlikely-bollocks-coming-an-hour-ago ending.

That film was a travesty.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

That film was a travesty.
              Wot!

It was dressed up in wimmins clothing an that?

IGMC

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
                ^ WHS +

WTF was the final escape from the killer rhubarb all about. Dribble some poison into your eyes through an old wooden mask and they leave you alone?

At least give a few seconds scientific explanation to help some of the audience who are not completely asleep by the end.
                All is explained once you realise that it was written for a septic audience.

Intelligent scientists turning to mumbo jumbo. Religious order turning out to be evil. Pump action shotguns. Yep, definite Hollywood traits.

Oh, the script writer?

The two-part drama, which is due to air later this year, has been written by Patrick Harbinson, whose credits include the US series ER and Law & Order.
                Conclusion: Disappointing
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  Didn't we do this in another thread just a few days before?
                  In Triffids story civilized society got turned into anarchy (due to blindness, and triffids), guns are very handy in anarchy - they may not work on triffids, but they would work on even more dangerous adversaries - humans.

Comment

Working...
                  X