• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - Welsh egg-chasers beat Australia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very impressive in the fairly meaningless mid-World Cup development 'Tests' though. I thought NZ deserved to be so well protexcted by the referee as well.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
      The UK is so used to being losers, they take joy in Aus winning...
      Wales

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        And choked in the rest.

I wouldnt say england have choked, they have been rubbish at rugby for so long that they never go in as favourites. you have to actually be good to be favourites, england therefore never qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Very impressive in the fairly meaningless mid-World Cup development 'Tests' though. I thought NZ deserved to be so well protexcted by the referee as well.
          Ahh the ignorant football fan returns!

Comment

I wouldnt say england have choked, they have been rubbish at rugby for so long that they never go in as favourites. you have to actually be good to be favourites, england therefore never qualify.
            Agreed. It is a minority sport in England, played by toffs and big blokes who aren't much use at footy. We are never favourites so we can never be accused of choking, only gloriously overachieving.

Comment

Ahh the ignorant football fan returns!
              Come on, you can do better than that.

As an English rugby fan brought up in South Wales I expect a higher standard of banter and insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                As an English rugby fan brought up in South Wales...
                You poor sod. Not in the seventies I hope...

Comment

Yes and I loathe Max Boyce as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Shame you have not won as many as Oz/SA though.....
                    Yeah but as I have pointed out in other rugby threads - the World Cup winner is not necessarily the best rugby team in the world, just the best at that tournament.

The ABs have thumped Oz and SA all over the park this year in the tri-nations and Blesdisloe and kicked all the Northern Hemisphere teams as well. So, losing World Cup last year, winning everything this year = good result. I wouldn't have wanted it to be the other way round.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
                      Yeah but as I have pointed out in other rugby threads - the World Cup winner is not necessarily the best rugby team in the world, just the best at that tournament.
                      errr, wouldn't that make them the be.......

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
                      The ABs have thumped Oz and SA all over the park this year in the tri-nations and Blesdisloe and kicked all the Northern Hemisphere teams as well.
                      didn't they lose to SA at home in Dunedin and get well beaten by Australia in Sydney?

Comment

Working...
                      X