• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple ad banned again for dishonesty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Well, your ire should probably be directed at o2ey but hey ho. The iphone is obviously for metrosexuals only...
    It is directed for people who prefer style over substance.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
      It is directed for people who prefer style over substance.
      at ? I assume.

Regardless, I think the iphone/ipod touch platform has a lot of merit and a long way to run yet.

I've held off getting an iPhone as it doesn't have a keyboard (Crackberry all the way for me), but I got a Touch as soon as they came out as I like to watch movies & TV on the go. For that it's brilliant, and now that the application platform isn't that web-only tulip they came out with initially I've got nothing but praise for it.

I think the iPhone is a great platform, that seems to be suffering from o2's lack of investment in it's network.

And as for £40 a month for all you get on the iPhone tariff, that's a bargain - my blackberry tariff is over £50.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

directed for people
        at ? I assume.
        Don't get me started! [Frothing at mouth smiley]. Why do people seem to think that all prepositions are interchangeable? Maybe we should just have one preposition: work out for yourself what relationship is meant.

Exempli gratia:

You are bored with something if the point of the statement is your boredom.
        Less commonly, your are bored by something if the point of the statement is the action it performs of making you bored.
        All too commonly, you are bored of something if you can't be arsed to work out what it is that you are saying or what relation should use what preposition, so you just dumbly pick by comparison with other, quite different, phrases like "tired of".

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Don't get me started! [Frothing at mouth smiley]. Why do people seem to think that all prepositions are interchangeable? Maybe we should just have one preposition: work out for yourself what relationship is meant.

Exempli gratia:

You are bored with something if the point of the statement is your boredom.
          Less commonly, your are bored by something if the point of the statement is the action it performs of making you bored.
          All too commonly, you are bored of something if you can't be arsed to work out what it is that you are saying or what relation should use what preposition, so you just dumbly pick by comparison with other, quite different, phrases like "tired of".
          Was that directed for me?

Comment

I'm still trying to make sense by it!
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              I'm still trying to make sense by it!
              Why don't youse all feck about!

Comment

Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

I've held off getting an iPhone as it doesn't have a keyboard (Crackberry all the way for me), but I got a Touch as soon as they came out as I like to watch movies & TV on the go. For that it's brilliant, and now that the application platform isn't that web-only tulip they came out with initially I've got nothing but praise for it.

I think the iPhone is a great platform, that seems to be suffering from o2's lack of investment in it's network.

And as for £40 a month for all you get on the iPhone tariff, that's a bargain - my blackberry tariff is over £50.
                  The lack of keyboard (plus some features that I would like, e.g. forwarding a text message) was what put me off - I tried to type on their touchscreen and couldn't do it.

The Google G1 is my first touch screen phone I've had, but the full keyboard means that it's useable as well!!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                  X