• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ideas for solving economic woes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Can't remember who said it (nor can I be arised to google it)

"If you lend a friend a tenner and then never see them, it was money well spent"
    Conversely, I knew a pub landlord who once lent a regular customer a tenner, and didn't see him again. He didn't care about losing the tenner - what he did care about was losing the customer who had bought a gallon of ale every weekday evening.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Of all my sock-puppets I'm proudest of you. A mad Russian with delusions of adequacy. Superb, even though I say so myself.
      And you are?

Comment

Working...
      X