• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Momentous day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Yup, Putting in the application to either Australia or Canada (for the wife) soon.
    While you stay here? Good way to get rid of her I suppose.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      While you stay here? Good way to get rid of her I suppose.
      I and the kids are Canadian already...the wife needs sponsoring.

(I suppose I could F**k up her application and leave her at the customs upon arrival?)
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I suspect you're right, but isn't it much harder to get into these countries now, and doesn't the whole process take ages?
        yeah. I fail the Oz points self-test...on my age. I'll need to get an employer to sponsor...good luck needed. NZ is much easier...even there it will be tight.

Missed opportunities...too many to mention...
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Indeed. There's always the option of going out there and marrying one of the natives.

Comment

Indeed. There's always the option of going out there and marrying one of the natives.
            hmmmmm.....That's a technique that some of my relatives have done. "Divorce" the one you have now..Go abroad...Marry whilst there...get your permanent stay...ditch the new wife...get your old one back!

Comment

yeah. I fail the Oz points self-test...on my age. I'll need to get an employer to sponsor...good luck needed. NZ is much easier...even there it will be tight.

Oh yes. I "lost" Oz a while ago, and watched NZ sail out of reach with my birthday last year.

On the face of it Canada does not have an upper age limit for skilled migration, just a point where you get nul points for age. However my partner is not convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Oh yes. I "lost" Oz a while ago, and watched NZ sail out of reach with my birthday last year.

On the face of it Canada does not have an upper age limit for skilled migration, just a point where you get nul points for age. However my partner is not convinced.
                Is there a fixed cut-off age or a fuzzy one dependent on other points, for Oz and NZ?

Comment

Is there a fixed cut-off age or a fuzzy one dependent on other points, for Oz and NZ?
                  I think 45 is the hard limit in Oz and NZ I'm not sure..its like Canada. nil point abover a certain age.

A quick surf to their respective immigration sites will give you the info.

Comment

Hmm that's a thought, but do Maori women have face tattoos ?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Fixed.
                      Oz: under 45.
                      NZ: up to 55.

Comment

Working...
                      X