• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GordonRamsay affair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In times like these, man do I miss Spitting Image!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      I agree with Tony Benn on this one the tabloids are an opium for the masses designed to stiffle debate of the real issues.
      As soon as one tries to debate real issues on cuk one gets bathed in a sea of drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        So because George Orwell thought it was good - we should all think so too?
        He is entitled to his opinion, as am I, and I have no interest in TNOTW.
        For a start Its full of people I've never heard of, on TV programs I never watch.
        If I want to read a comic, I'll get 2000AD thanks.
        Fair comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          And I agree with Tony Benn and Baggy.
          Or as Charlie Booker put it...IIRC
          "Newspapers are becoming increasingly meaningless as the masses pick up their news from other more modern sources. As their circulation falls they are reduced to filling their tired little platforms with celebrity news, gossip, and campaigns against things, television comedy being the latest target."
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
          X