• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring back Maggie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    It's a system that greedy gits thrive on, until the trough's worn bare. And that's where we are.
    That's a cliche. Do you classify yourself as a greedy git?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      That's a cliche. Do you classify yourself as a greedy git?
      Greedy as in "I will consume until even I feel the terrible effect.", then no.

Comment

Greedy as in "I will consume until even I feel the terrible effect.", then no.

So why is it that everyone else is so different to you?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So why is it that everyone else is so different to you?
          They aren't. I have yet to invest, knowingly, in a pyramid-selling scheme; our bankers did, and our government knew about it. I think most folk would, likewise, not risk their own future on a house of cards con trick.

You are an agent: you'd sell your granny, if she wasn't earning so much for you on the streets.

Comment

They aren't. I have yet to invest, knowingly, in a pyramid-selling scheme; our bankers did, and our government knew about it. I think most folk would, likewise, not risk their own future on a house of cards con trick.

You are an agent: you'd sell your granny, if she wasn't earning so much for you on the streets.

It is like any other system, it is open to abuse and it is the governments job to control it. I am pretty sure though that a lot of you contractors were quite happy to gorge yourselves on the above market rates shelled out by the banks on contractors.

Comment

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5210079.ece

They need her to put them out of their misery.

Jeremy Clarkson however begs to differ

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/dri...cle5207470.ece

Jeremy Clarkson however begs to differ

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/dri...cle5207470.ece

Comment

It is like any other system, it is open to abuse and it is the governments job to control it. I am pretty sure though that a lot of you contractors were quite happy to gorge yourselves on the above market rates shelled out by the banks on contractors.

Comment

And? Are you saying that banks offering good rates = contractors knowing that the banks' assets were worth less than a truck-load of dead rats in a tampon factory?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Wake up Maggie I think I've got something to say to you.
                    You filled your nappy , it stinks, and it's only half past two,
                    You want me to wipe your arse,
                    but I'm not even middle class,
                    Oh Maggie I can't take this any more
                    Mark and Carol put you in this home just to save you from being alone
                    You stole my Milk and thats what really hurt
                    Is that what you sang in your student rock band at "uni", Bagpuss?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

And? Are you saying that banks offering good rates = contractors knowing that the banks' assets were worth less than a truck-load of dead rats in a tampon factory?
                      I bet you didnt ask any questions about where the money was coming from

Comment

Working...
                      X