• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring back Maggie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the milk stealing was unforgivable wasn't it?

I mean, I can't walk out of my house without tripping over a beggar with rickets. There are millions of them, all bandy-legged, laying where they fall.

Vast swathes of humanity, all with knock-knees and other skeletal deformities, collapsing from greenstick fractures.

I'm looking out of my window now and I can see herds of the pitiful creatures.
    When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5210079.ece

They need her to put them out of their misery.

Comment

Only 1 little problem, Monetarism caused this mess and Hilda was a rabid Monetarist.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The milk was 'stolen' to pay for 6 schools.

Comment

CyberTory is that you?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Only 1 little problem, Monetarism caused this mess and Hilda was a rabid Monetarist.
              It didnt stop you gorging yourself at the trough
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

As much as it sickens me to my core, I agree with Bagpuss. Monetarism has led to the big fat mess our country is in. Still, at least we can comfort ourselves with knowing that Gordon Brown has put on his wizard's hat and come up with lowering VAT and upping income tax! It's that sort of "out of the box" thinking that separates us from lesser breeds, etc.

Comment

It didnt stop you gorging yourself at the trough
                  I don't look at the world in Black and White. There are good and bad policies both inter and intra political parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                    As much as it sickens me to my core, I agree with Bagpuss. Monetarism has led to the big fat mess our country is in. Still, at least we can comfort ourselves with knowing that Gordon Brown has put on his wizard's hat and come up with lowering VAT and upping income tax! It's that sort of "out of the box" thinking that separates us from lesser breeds, etc.
                    No it hasnt, it is the execution of monetarism that has got us in this mess. The govt should have controlled the banks more effectively. Instead they encouraged and mimicked the banks in order that they could get their grubby hands on more money and power
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

No it hasnt, it is the execution of monetarism that has got us in this mess. The govt should have controlled the banks more effectively. Instead they encouraged and mimicked the banks in order that they could get their grubby hands on more money and power
                      It's a system that greedy gits thrive on, until the trough's worn bare. And that's where we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X