• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorted - Verlängerung

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Noooooo !

What is German for benched?

Best of luck for your UK/Eire/USA ventures.
    Cheers. There are a lot of people walking around with rather downcast faces. One of the blokes I share an office with looked shellshocked, some of these guys have been there for 4+ years (some I know have been there for 10 years.) I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I tell the rest of the team that I'm buggering off at Christmas and they'll have to do it all themselves (zOS and zLinux just for a start, they're all Windows guys!)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I am sorry to hear this.

After hearing this I will push to get my extension in writing - my wife thinks that means something.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Sorry to hear that Darmstadt, looks like Germany is being hit as well. Good luck, things still happening out there. My colleague has an interview in Bon, Telco, so it isn't bad everywhere.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          I am sorry to hear this.

After hearing this I will push to get my extension in writing - my wife thinks that means something.
          The opposite of mine. She thought that as the agency had said okay it's time to go shopping
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Sorry to hear that Darmstadt, looks like Germany is being hit as well. Good luck, things still happening out there. My colleague has an interview in Bon, Telco, so it isn't bad everywhere.
            Germany isn't too bad a the moment, particularly in my sector (mainframe orientated) but there are some hits to come. A major bank are making 5,600 redundant, Fujitsu Siemens also but quite a few people are hiring. I think Switzerland looks quite good, I see on average 3-4 offers a week there for work I could, if inclined, do.

Comment

Morning all,

Milan.
              Last edited by milanbenes; 2 December 2008, 09:14.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                Morning all,

Darmstadt, was in FaM at the wockenende at the weinachtsmarkt

are you at hopay ?

Milan.
                I was in Darmstadt at the Weihnachtsmarkt during the weekend, still hate Glühwein. WTF is hopay?

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                  What is German for benched?
                  Geverwerkbänkt
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

German history - its the auslanders who are selected for the chop when the going gets tough.

Ah - the good old Darmstadt Fests - I still have my wee wine glasses 1991 1992 and 1993.

Good Luck !
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 December 2008, 12:38.

Comment

Working...
                    X