• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I saw something in the kitcken this morning.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set the sticky traps

Mice are getting intelligence the Peanut Butter and traps arent effective as they were!

I laid the sticky traps and yes it is human but these blighters shouldnt be trespassing - the only issue is that theyll struggle so hard they rip there own legs off on the glue pad - but I dont care - they shouldnt be there in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      You sure it wasn't a rat?
      If so, I'd get onto UB40.
      Good idea, he could bore it to death with one of their songs
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

<rat>
        Here I am babe, come and take me
        Here I am babe, wont ya come and take me
        Take me by the hand, ooh show me
        Here I am babe, oooooaaah
        <rat>

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
          Set the sticky traps

Mice are getting intelligence the Peanut Butter and traps arent effective as they were!

I laid the sticky traps and yes it is human but these blighters shouldnt be trespassing - the only issue is that theyll struggle so hard they rip there own legs off on the glue pad - but I dont care - they shouldnt be there in the first place
          get a cat, you won't have to worry about dead mice or legless mice or sticky traps.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            get a cat, you won't have to worry about dead mice or legless mice or sticky traps.
            WSS

AND you'll have a constant companion
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

<ub40>
              There's a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do?
              There's a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna go?
              I'm gonna fix that rat thats what I'm gonna do,
              I'm gonna fix that rat.
              </ub40>
              Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Alas, not always true.

Some cats are quite rubbish. They bring in the mice as symbolic gifts for their owners, and promptly drop them whilst alive. The rodent usually then hoofs it under the heaviest piece of furniture it can find, and subsequently dies from shock. Time passes. Rotten stench is in the post.

True story - My brother's cat (being of the rubbish variety) brought a mouse in and dropped it alive on his kitchen floor. He grabbed a dustpan to catch the mouse in and his missus grabbed the cat. I quickly shut the door to the lounge and the mouse ran over my foot and disappeared.

"Where's it gone?" we said, looking around in bewilderment.

"It's run up my jeans", I yelled, taking them off sharpish, and throwing them on the floor. We looked at my jeans, no mouse emerged.

"FFS! It's in my boxers!!!!" Hand in, hurl mouse out. Quick check of Steven and the Twins to see all is well. They are, so jeans back on as quick as you like. No hope of retaining any dignity, my brother and his wife are in bits, but manage to scoop the mouse up and out the door.

And the cat? Sitting on the kitchen table licking her paws.

See? Rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                  Alas, not always true.

See? Rubbish.
                  not Rubbish the cat just doesn't like you
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Alas, not always true.

Some cats are quite rubbish. They bring in the mice as symbolic gifts for their owners, and promptly drop them whilst alive. The rodent usually then hoofs it under the heaviest piece of furniture it can find, and subsequently dies from shock. Time passes. Rotten stench is in the post.

True story - My brother's cat (being of the rubbish variety) brought a mouse in and dropped it alive on his kitchen floor. He grabbed a dustpan to catch the mouse in and his missus grabbed the cat. I quickly shut the door to the lounge and the mouse ran over my foot and disappeared.

"Where's it gone?" we said, looking around in bewilderment.

"It's run up my jeans", I yelled, taking them off sharpish, and throwing them on the floor. We looked at my jeans, no mouse emerged.

"FFS! It's in my boxers!!!!" Hand in, hurl mouse out. Quick check of Steven and the Twins to see all is well. They are, so jeans back on as quick as you like. No hope of retaining any dignity, my brother and his wife are in bits, but manage to scoop the mouse up and out the door.

See? Rubbish.

I'm off to the pub.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Alas, not always true.

Some cats are quite rubbish. They bring in the mice as symbolic gifts for their owners, and promptly drop them whilst alive. ...
                      Rubbish.
                      Beautiful!

Yes, a cat catches mice as it does anything else, i.e. according to its desires and not yours. They don't need to catch them to eat (you feed them) and they don't care whether you've got mice or not, so they just do it for a bit of fun. That may or may not get you clear of rodents.

A terrier OTOH will take exception to them and will not stop till the last one is gone. Unfortunately it will try to dig for them if need be, so is more suitable for outdoors.

Comment

Working...
                      X