• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iceberg Sir, dead ahead!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    DA,

'perhaps you can explain why there is a problem',

me, explain something, you know that's an oxymoron.

For you to have put the question, are you suggesting that such
    debt is not a problem ? Please explain why.

Milan.

Not at all. In fact it looks to me to be a whopper of a problem. But I never take anything at face value particularly when I can smell a potential agenda behind the presentation of an argument or facts.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Not at all. In fact it looks to me to be a whopper of a problem. But I never take anything at face value particularly when I can smell a potential agenda behind the presentation of an argument or facts.
      what does that smell like then? is it like all other foods that we can't describe "smells/tastes like chicken"
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

DA,

if there were a hat off smiley I would don my cap to your reply.

Milan.

Comment

For us on the outside is is interesting, the UK reminds me of Houdini, manacled in a cage several hundred feet up hanging by a burning rope.

It is truly an interesting spectacle to see "Houdini" get out of this one.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            For us on the outside is is interesting, the UK reminds me of Houdini, manacled in a cage several hundred feet up hanging by a burning rope.

It is truly an interesting spectacle to see "Houdini" get out of this one.
            But they've been sucker punched before the show this time.

Comment

DA,

Milan.
              You would "Doff" your cap you illiterate ingrate!

In fact, you should be stood there wringing your cap!

Comment

I'll give you that one Winston

Milan.

Comment

DA,

Milan.
                  You'd put your hat on?? Interesting.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    How does this all-inclusive debt figure compare to other countries with those liabilities similarly included?
                    And how do those UK figures look historically in real terms?

For all I know they could be better than they were in 1998, 1988 or 1978.

We need perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
                      And how do those UK figures look historically in real terms?

For all I know they could be better than they were in 1998, 1988 or 1978.

We need perspective.
                      Exactly. And politicians on both sides of the House, and journalists, play statistics games and rarely the truth will out.

Comment

Working...
                      X