• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Since when did advent begin on November 17th?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    Is true. I have a table in the study with presents already wrapped. Only 5 more to arrive in the post, any day now, and then Xmas can be enjoyed without the nonsense that is last minute shopping.
    Shopping early has its benefits, just make sure you always buy presents that you would like to receive yourself... just incase anybody dies inbetween purchase and christmas
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Shopping early has its benefits, just make sure you always buy presents that you would like to receive yourself... just incase anybody dies inbetween purchase and christmas
      Good, yet not entirely festive, tip.

Comment

I think christmas is tulip, especially seeing as nobody buys me scalextric or train sets any more.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Indeed - my grandad will be 95 on December 20th.

We'll buy a present on December 18th, and not a moment before.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Indeed - my grandad will be 95 on December 20th.

We'll buy a present on December 18th, and not a moment before.
            What do you buy a 95 year old man? Is there much that he'd need?

My parents have their 50th wedding anniversary on Dec1 and I've no idea what to get them. I think my Mum would like a divorce, but maybe that would be unsubtle
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

My parents have their 50th wedding anniversary on Dec1 and I've no idea what to get them. I think my Mum would like a divorce, but maybe that would be unsubtle
              There's very little, really, since he is in a care home (so has no expenses), is nearly blind (so can't see much / work a TV / answer a phone), and is quite deaf (so no CDs or anything like that). That and half the time, he's somewhat distanced from reality.

This year, it will be new photo, chocolate, school photos and charity donation (oxfam unwrapped or world vision, since you can customize the card there).

My parents had their 40th a couple of years ago - we bought them a photo frame which you can decorate yourself, and we (my brother, sister, their spouses and children plus my girls) all wrote a message on there for them, with a picture of all of us. We also went away for the weekend as a family (which is where we took the picture).
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                A train set.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                X