• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Words and phrases I will not use/hate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you today?

Going forward.

I'll tell you for why.

Another vote for the Aussie rising intonation.

At the end of the day.
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

my favourite, and guaranteed EVERYONE does it. You pick up someone else's extension at work and say "hello, Andy's extension" or whoever, and they say "Is Andy there?" well of course not you fe cking idiot, otherwise he would have answered the phone himself.
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        my favourite, and guaranteed EVERYONE does it. You pick up someone else's extension at work and say "hello, Andy's extension" or whoever, and they say "Is Andy there?" well of course not you fe cking idiot, otherwise he would have answered the phone himself.

I do a lot of calls and when someone else picks up the phone I always ask "is X there" fortunately no one has been rude enough to answer as you do
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

I do a lot of calls and when someone else picks up the phone I always ask "is X there" fortunately no one has been rude enough to answer as you do

Maybe one day you'll get lucky
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

"Could of"
            "Would of"
            "Should of"

But hey, now off to dinner in Zurich.

Comment

'I'm outta here.'

NO YOU FKN ARE NOT. you are sitting right in front of me you southern poof. I think you might have meant
              'I am leaving in the very near future'

and I like 'minger'

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                It is really irritating, and teenagers and the young are doing it now, even the posh ones.
                Can't someone tell them it's a sign of insecurity, rather than modesty, and sounds pitiful?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Updation

I was stuck in a meeting today when some manager said they would give us "updation" when they knew more.

THERE IS NO SUCH WORD AS ******* UPDATION FFS!!!!!! fed up of seeing it splattered all over technical docs and e-mails and ******* everything AARRGGHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                    Updation
                    Never heard it. I think I'd spontaneously hurl if I did. Or laugh aloud - hopefully enabling everyone else in the room to realise that the person who said it is indeed a pompous stupid twat.

Comment

Never heard of Updation, to be honest I hope I never do.

My list of hatred is pretty damn long I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                      X