• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Words and phrases I will not use/hate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"i'd like to book some holiday"
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard
    You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

"I was like"

"movie" for "film"

"dessert"

"a big ask"

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I meant on the phone. I get irritated by sales people opening the conversation with "how are you?"
        On the phone I get cross with anything apart from goodbye.

I really do not like the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
          On the phone I get cross with anything apart from goodbye.

I really do not like the phone.
          If you are selling anything you need to be good on the phone. If you are buying you can be as bad as you like.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

My Scottish friend says "I'm going to do a toilet"
            Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

"Toilet"
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                If you are selling anything you need to be good on the phone. If you are buying you can be as bad as you like.
                I spent many hours cold calling in my youth. I can do it by switching off my humanity and getting on with the job but I hate it.

Comment

i generally dislike it when people say 'no' on the phone. What do you mean you wont do a Government Programme Management role for £25 an hour?

Cheeky bastards

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                    I spent many hours cold calling in my youth. I can do it by switching off my humanity and getting on with the job but I hate it.
                    me too, double glazing/uPVC cladding. i was bloody good at it too, unless i was stoned, in which case i'd spend half an hour pretending to make calls (and talking to the dial tone) until i got my head together.
                    Originally posted by BolshieBastard
                    You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

"off of"
                      "like" instead of said
                      Australian rising question tonation?
                      "Oh my God"
                      another vote for "Movies"
                      "Minger" = horrible scouse word
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X