• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Major in The Times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know what he's got to complain about. The impending deflationary period will bring down the price of peas...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      The seemed awfully quiet in opposition to me. Except when they gave Blair a great big standing ovation that is.
      What could they do? "Hey, Brown, put the brakes on private borrowing; cool the housing market." NO CHANCE! The whole "I'll be a millionaire, like Dim Prawn!" fantasy had ripped through the entire country... even Northern Ireland!!! They'd have looked crap, and "We Told You So" wouldn't have made the voters feel better about themselves.

I think.

What are you asking me for?

Comment

Originally posted by zathras View Post
        There may have been a large dollop of sexual shenanigans going on under the Major Government and this contrasted with the 'Back to Basics' policy that he tried to launch.
        And a certain amount of corruption, e.g. taking cash from dodgy shopkeepers to ask questions; taking bribes from the Saudis in return for arms deals, which contrasted with the law.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          And a certain amount of corruption, e.g. taking cash from dodgy shopkeepers to ask questions; taking bribes from the Saudis in return for arms deals, which contrasted with the law.
          Small beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            Small beer.
            Tell that to Johnathan Aitken.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Tell that to Johnathan Aitken.
              He's teetotal, so I don't think it'd be polite to do so.

Comment

Working...
              X