• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Major in The Times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever anyone thinks of Major, it is hard to deny that everything in that article is correct.

Comment

So are we saying Gordon Brown was a fairly useless chancellor then? OK, how useless?

1. Was he the most useless economic minister in the developed world over those ten years?

2. Was he the most useless chancellor Britain has ever had?

3. Or is he merely occupying a UEFA Cup position in those league tables?

I need to know, so I can improve my metaphors.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Why should I read anything that moron writes? He p**sed away (saint)Thatcher's legacy. Almost everything I dislike about Liebour was introduced by Major then extended by Liebour.

It wont make any difference who wins the next election - their policies are almost the same.

Surely satan
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Why should I read anything that moron writes? He p**sed away (saint)Thatcher's legacy. Almost everything I dislike about Liebour was introduced by Major then extended by Liebour.

It wont make any difference who wins the next election - their policies are almost the same.
          There may have been a large dollop of sexual shenanigans going on under the Major Government and this contrasted with the 'Back to Basics' policy that he tried to launch. However the economic legacy that Labour inherited was created under the Major/Clarke years. Further it was John Major who took over the running of the economy at the tail end of Mrs Thatcher's reign as PM and is therefore perfectly experienced to advise how to get out of the current recession.

Comment

So when are Labour EVER going to leave a legacy that is worth having ? All they ever leave is massive debt and worldwide ridicule.

Comment

John Major is probably well-placed to give Gordon Brown advice. A minor figure following a greater, always in the shadow, starting well but failing in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                So when are Labour EVER going to leave a legacy that is worth having ?
                Aren't your 4-bed house with large equity and £250 mortgage payment legacy enough for you?

I would have thought you'd be pleased?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Aren't your 4-bed house with large equity and £250 mortgage payment legacy enough for you?

I would have thought you'd be pleased?
                  You have to understand that he earned everything he has. None of it is at all due to Labour's handling of the economy.

Rule of thumb:
                  During Conservative governments,
                  good things are the result of Tory policies,
                  bad things are hangovers from the previous Labour administration, or the cost of cleaning up its mess.

During Labour governments,
                  invert above.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    So are we saying Gordon Brown was a fairly useless chancellor then? OK, how useless?

1. Was he the most useless economic minister in the developed world over those ten years?

2. Was he the most useless chancellor Britain has ever had?

3. Or is he merely occupying a UEFA Cup position in those league tables?

I need to know, so I can improve my metaphors.

YES
                    YES
                    YES

the question is would the Tories have done things any different in the last 12 years?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      the question is would the Tories have done things any different in the last 12 years?
                      The seemed awfully quiet in opposition to me. Except when they gave Blair a great big standing ovation that is.

Comment

Working...
                      X