• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie announcements that ring alarm bells

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    "based upon feedback from the results of last years survey we've decided to implement weekly departmental meetings 9am every friday. the meetings will be a round-robin review of activities and will last between 1 and 2 hours. everyone has to attend and contribute."
    Sorry I missed the meeting - the email seems to be down ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
      "It's a great place to work. If you work hard you might be able to apply for a proper job here"
      That's my favorite.... Yea...cuz I'm a "Temp" and would jump at the chance of a "proper" job.

Comment

In this job we need someone who is responsible

translation -
        every time things went wrong , you will be made responsible

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I sometimes get asked if I would consider a "Full time" job.

Like 32-35 hours a week isn't full time...

Comment

Talking to the department head..

Me : can you give me an overview of your PM processes and any documentation that needs to be produced?

DH : Well..... we dont really have a structure in place and to be honest you could write most documentation on the back of a fag packet and the client will be happy...

Oh My God!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              First day at one gig I got told they would send a junior member of staff to the coffee machine (only a few feet from my desk) as it was cheaper than me doing it.
              HAHAHA, that's well funny...i might advice that to clientco!

Comment

Working...
              X