• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie announcements that ring alarm bells

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"all out technology is based on SKA"

Comment

"Ah, you're the new team member. Your turn in the barrel this week, then."
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        "all out technology is based on SKA"
        How come you AV says 'GreatestOfDads'?

I've got a mug that says I'm the greatest.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          I've got a company laptop and mobile! The boss has been asking me to submit holiday request form for any days I want over Christmas, I'll just ignore it and let him know on the day if I feel a bit sick and fancy a lie in.
          "The Boss has..." .....???

Are you a contractor?
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

The best one I had was:-

"You can't take your paternity leave until the DAY the baby is born, this is the law we've checked it out, and it has to be taken all in one go".

Ok, well I'll just take some contractor absence instead then and if you don't like it you can instigate clause x.x to give me 4 weeks notice.

(This actually happened I kid you not).

Sorry, you are my client, not my boss, my manager, or any other honorary title you wish to give yourself in your fictional heirarchy.
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
              "The Boss has..." .....???

Are you a contractor?
              The guy who's in charge of the department, notice I called him 'The boss' and not 'My boss' ...what should I call him then??

And no… I’m a disguised employee according to the government.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                I'll just ignore it and let him know on the day if I feel a bit sick and fancy a lie in.
                Does that not strike you as a touch unprofessional?

I tell the client the days that I'm unavailable as far in advance as possible, so that they can plan accordingly.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Here are your holiday request forms, here's the form you need to fill in if you are sick, here's HR's phone number if you need any help, here's the company uniform.
                  Toot toot, all aboard !!!

Comment

"Are you coming to the Christmas do?"

"It's a great place to work. If you work hard you might be able to apply for a proper job here"

"How do I go about being a Contractor? But what about my mortgage payments and kids?"

"You should get your pass and sign on soon, in the meantime just read these documents"

Comment

nobody told us you were coming
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X