• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed in Switzerland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around Lake Geneva, they prefer English speakers over German speakers. Of course, if like me you speak English, French and German, you generally have no problem.

hth
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Around Lake Geneva, they prefer English speakers over German speakers. Of course, if like me you speak English, French and German, you generally have no problem.

hth
      Moi non plus. Of course I can afford a hotel in Geneva during a Messe.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post

Left doom and gloom blighty 4 weeks ago ... and came to Zurich to work.

BOOMED!!!

Having a ball ...

Hope you come back to Uk before April 2010 - need you to help with the UK recession with all that additonal tax you will owe to HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
          Heard it from a mate over there. Been looking to move over to CH for a while now, but family committments among other things have stopped the move.

He reckons its getting more difficult to find decent accommodation and that for work, the CH will (I suppose for obvious reasons), take a German speaker over a non german speaker in most cases even if the workign language is English.

That is only one persons opinion, so consider the viewpoint accordingly
          It is indeed, they prefer German speakers mostly, though international firms don't mind English speaking living locally. Trying to find a Swiss job from the UK is more difficult.

Accomodation isn't too bad if you don't want to live in the middle of Zürich.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            ...Accomodation isn't too bad if you don't want to live in the middle of Zürich.
            anywhere near
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X