• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apprentice candidate on Watchdog for selling pyramid schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    BA, FLYbe etc. do similar deals and provide a better service, they also detail the extras upfront.
    I beg to differ - I have travelled Flybe recently and found their booking process to be every bit as misleading as Ryanair's - what began as a 75 quid return flight was 2 and bit hundred once they had charged me for hold baggage and a range of other odd fees. They were friendlier but nothing else was better than Ryanair and the plane was very cramped.

I agree with Beefy198 - when I fly Ryanair I normally get there on time (never late yet in 20+ flights) and that's about it - but I don't expect any more.

As for the comments about budget airlines not maintaining their planes that's just nonsense IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      I beg to differ - I have travelled Flybe recently and found their booking process to be every bit as misleading as Ryanair's
      Not every scam is a pyramid scheme.

HTH

Comment

She knew her NVQs in Customer Services would come in handy one day.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          They'll be complaining even more when they start falling out of the sky because of maintenance cutbacks.

I'd rather pay a few hundred quid a flight if it means there's less chance of them cutting corners, which they must be doing with the number of incidents being reported recently.

Fortunately none (in western Europe) have turned into disasters, but it's only a matter of time.

I didn't realise that Quantas were a budget airline!!

Comment

I'm flying Easyjet 70 quid return to Athens next week. That's pretty good compared to over 200 quid with BA... and BA's service is not that great anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              I'm flying Easyjet 70 quid return to Athens next week.

to airport in the middle of nowhere about 100 miles away from Athens

Comment

I saw her on Watchdog. One minute she said that she was running a service that allowed women to empower themselves i.e. "Yes. I am running this scam, only it's not a scam."; the next minute, she said that what had been filmed was nothing more than a few pals chatting idly in a wine bar and nothing more than that, waste of licence payers' money, etc.

The spiv.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

to airport in the middle of nowhere about 100 miles away from Athens
                  Ryanair do very cheap flights (if you book in advance), but it's just the flight, anything else including checkin is extra. Their airports are defininitely away from it all.

Easyjet do quite cheap flights (if you book at least a little in advance). Most extras are extra. They use real airports (and Luton).

BA, Lufthansa, etc do quite cheap tickets (if you book in advance), it's service included (such as it is), you get a drink and a sandwich, and they use real airports.

The only thing going for Ryanair is how ludicrously cheap the flight itself can be, so the trick is to stick to that. I even opened a bank account that would give me a Visa Electron card, so that I could escape the "credit card" booking charge.

Comment

Working...
                  X