• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apprentice candidate on Watchdog for selling pyramid schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apprentice candidate on Watchdog for selling pyramid schemes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/cand...ontestant.html
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Where do I sign up? Could do with a trip to Egypt.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

She will do well in the City...

Comment

Yeah she should get a Job with Goldman Sachs
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I loved her passionate defence of the scheme-where-you-pay-in-a-thousand-pounds-and-need-to-get-friends-and-family-to-pay-in-a-thousand-pounds-and-then-they-need-to-get-their-friends-and-family-to-pay-in-a-thousand-pounds-which-isn't-a-pyramid-scheme

Also glad that she told those pesky Watchdog people on my behalf that they were wasting my licence fee money.

On a similar note, who are all those idiots complaining about Ryanair? You get what you pay for, if you are propelled by air to another country for a tenner when everyone else charges £150 for the same what do you expect?

"Ooh the on flight facilites aren't quite what I was expecting Norma"

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
            On a similar note, who are all those idiots complaining about Ryanair? You get what you pay for, if you are propelled by air to another country for a tenner when everyone else charges £150 for the same what do you expect?

"Ooh the on flight facilites aren't quite what I was expecting Norma"
            Well therein lies the con, the majority of fliers are paying significantly more than £10. There are only a few cheapo seats per flight. Then, even those paying a 'tenner' are subject to a multitude of hidden fees.

BA, FLYbe etc. do similar deals and provide a better service, they also detail the extras upfront.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 10 November 2008, 20:31.

Comment

They'll be complaining even more when they start falling out of the sky because of maintenance cutbacks.

I'd rather pay a few hundred quid a flight if it means there's less chance of them cutting corners, which they must be doing with the number of incidents being reported recently.

Fortunately none (in western Europe) have turned into disasters, but it's only a matter of time.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

She is frfom Birmingham. What do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  She is frfom Birmingham. What do you expect?
                  It's a good job I was brought-up in the Suburbs then
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I have Royal blood. My nickname amongst my friends is African Princess as I am a Royal descendan
                    Let me guess, her uncle Prince Olatunde has recently died and she needs somewhere to stash the millions of pounds she's inherited from him, in return for a healthy percentage for whoever helps her. All she needs is a few thousand quid sent to her by Western Union to facilitate the bank transfer.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X