• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NOoooooooooooooooooo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Cant think of anything worse than having to entertain and be in 'son in law' mode for my only fortnight off in the year.

out of interest SC, do you ever invite rellies over without discussing it with the missus?

Only on the 29th Feburary when its a full moon and a cloudless night
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Only on the 29th Feburary when its a full moon and a cloudless night
      ah, that'll be back in 1822 then ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        So she can look after them, I fail to see how this will stop you relaxing... unless you are a under her thumb.....
        Its not a question of being under her thumb, its about not being rude to two people who have been very nice and generous towards me over the years and nothing was ever too much. As a MAN I'm obliged to make them feel as welcome and comfortable as possible whilst they are staying in my house.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Its not a question of being under her thumb, its about not being rude to two people who have been very nice and generous towards me over the years and nothing was ever too much. As a MAN I'm obliged to make them feel as welcome and comfortable as possible whilst they are staying in my house.
          You mistake me for blaming your in laws, I dont even know them and you hadnt really mentioned them except to complain they are coming to visit. You are under your wifes thumb, or she incredibly inconsiderate.
          The proof of this? She invited them without consulting you, at a time she wont have to entertain them and you will.
          I couldnt care less either way... except you posted on here expecting sympathy... you aint gettting it because I dont ave sympathy with doormats complaining about being door mats.

I am just saying you should teach her lesson about consultation in a marriage. Either by making a point whren they come to visit, or giving her a serve now so she knows she has acted out of order.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            You mistake me for blaming your in laws, I dont even know them and you hadnt really mentioned them except to complain they are coming to visit. You are under your wifes thumb, or she incredibly inconsiderate.
            The proof of this? She invited them without consulting you, at a time she wont have to entertain them and you will.
            I couldnt care less either way... except you posted on here expecting sympathy... you aint gettting it because I dont ave sympathy with doormats complaining about being door mats.

I am just saying you should teach her lesson about consultation in a marriage. Either by making a point whren they come to visit, or giving her a serve now so she knows she has acted out of order.

Comment

I could well be on the bench during january

Perfect time for me to catch up on PS3, movies, plan B etc ...
              I spent a couple of hours the other day playing Call of Duty 4 on a friend's PS3, and couldn't get used to the joystick. The motion is stodgy and slow compared to nipping around in Quake and suchlike on a PC using the keyboard.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                Now I know I am right if Sandy disgarees

You single Sandy?
                Or do you spend long lonely nights making chicken soup for yourself?

Comment

Sounds like you just have some decent manners.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    I spent a couple of hours the other day playing Call of Duty 4 on a friend's PS3, and couldn't get used to the joystick. The motion is stodgy and slow compared to nipping around in Quake and suchlike on a PC using the keyboard.
                    OH - I can't imagine you playing a computer game You seem far too grown up for that.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Sounds like you just have some decent manners.
                      I dont think I will take advice on relationships from you.

Comment

Working...
                      X