• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COMPLAINT - Contractor UK doesn't seem to care about protecting contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I've just sent an enquiry to HMRC. Initial consultation with UK based Swiss contractors leads me to believe that YHB got screwed by a poor accountant. It maybe the organisation was based in the UK.
    Swiss Agency
    Swiss client

Uk contractor on payroll. HMRC will advise as per IR20 on tax residence status.

Comment

Interesting- self claimed duty of care to contractors- see red

About CUK

Contractor UK Ltd was founded in late 1998, just as the 'dot-com boom' was reaching its heights. At the time, there was very little information available for IT contractors, and the controversial 'IR35' legislation had yet to be announced.

Originally CUK planned to maintain a simple list of links and general topics of interest for fellow contractors. However with the advent of IR35, demand for relevant information surged and by late 1999, the site had become a full-time venture, with tens of thousands of visitors reading the latest news.

Since 2000, the traditional IT contractor publications, such as the much missed 'Freelance Informer' ceased to be, less able to compete with the real-time nature of the Internet. Contractor UK was one of the main beneficiaries during this period, and has grown at a staggering rate ever since.

Contractor UK continues to cover the ever-changing industry, keeping contractors up to date with S660, MSC legislation, market demand and much more.
      Our community is made up of IT contractors (around 85%) and a vast array of service providers. Contractor UK has been the leading contractor site and one-stop resource in the UK for many years now.

Comment

YHB, you've said your piece and I think that's fair enough. You're wasting your time trying to get any sense out of the CUK collective so I'd close this thread off if I were you...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by YHB View Post
          Blah blah blah
          Horse. Flogging. Dead. I ain't bovvered.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            I ain't bovvered.
            Then why post a reply?

Nugget!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
              Then why post a reply?

Nugget!!

Just for tulips and giggles
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

YHB, you've said your piece and I think that's fair enough. You're wasting your time trying to get any sense out of the CUK collective so I'd close this thread off if I were you...
                On the contrary, Im an IT bod.

If this site values its cash and doesn't give a toss about contractors like it implies, I will HEAVILY publicise it. On all other contractor forums, business forums and search engine optimised web page will be created for Contractor UK searches.

The facts will be stated without an opinion and kept legal.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  Just for tulips and giggles
                  Someones busy then. Listening to the invoicing machine ticking?

Comment

Originally posted by YHB View Post
                    On the contrary, Im an IT bod.

If this site values its cash and doesn't give a toss about contractors like it implies, I will HEAVILY publicise it. On all other contractor forums, business forums and search engine optimised web page will be created for Contractor UK searches.

The facts will be stated without an opinion and kept legal.
                    You crack on then mate...

Comment

Someones busy then. Listening to the invoicing machine ticking?
                      Is there a more beautiful sound?
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X