• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COMPLAINT - Contractor UK doesn't seem to care about protecting contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So let me summarise: someone says "hey I discovered something that others might find useful, would you like to include it on your site?"

And is (almost) universally damned by folks on here

Well I suppose the lesson is clear, don't suggest improvements on CUK, it's already perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      "hey I discovered something that others might find useful, would you like to include it on your site?"
      I am an annoying twat that is hellbent on telling everyone that I have some accounting knowledge because KPMG said so and I have a mate that is an accountant. I didn't do my research, got burned and am looking for a scapegoat as it must be someone else's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        I am an annoying twat that is hellbent on telling everyone that I have some accounting knowledge because KPMG said so and I have a mate that is an accountant. I didn't do my research, got burned and am looking for a scapegoat as it must be someone else's fault.
        and I am NOT Denny
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by YHB View Post
          This website make money from advertising via its contractor visitors- it owes a duty of care to contractors.

Guides are there to create more hits. The overseas guides have content linked google ads = money. Alongisde this there are further external links which are most possibly pay per click.

The people who wrote the article have a banner ad so MAJOR SPONSORS
          And how much did you pay to CUK?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            So let me summarise: someone says "hey I discovered something that others might find useful, would you like to include it on your site?"

And is (almost) universally damned by folks on here

Well I suppose the lesson is clear, don't suggest improvements on CUK, it's already perfect
            I have to say, I agree with Platypus. People on forums get so defensive sometimes. No ones questioning the size of your knob!

As for YHB, I think it's fair enough that the information posted here is relevant and up to date. Otherwise, shouldn't there be a banner on the CUK homepage stating the information on it isn't worth jack?

On the other hand, YHB could have couched it in more subtle terms...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I've just sent an enquiry to HMRC. Initial consultation with UK based Swiss contractors leads me to believe that YHB got screwed by a poor accountant. It maybe the organisation was based in the UK.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                HMRC said so. Think that is final

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  And how much did you pay to CUK?
                  A website is nothing without visitors. The Internet is littered with popular websites which pi$$ed off its members and the members spun off and did their own more popular site.

I joined the forum as believed this company had a contractor focus, if this issue shows its lack of ethics and that it doesnt give a damn then im off to SHout 99 or dozen other forums.

See Pistonheads the massive car webiste, for an example of a community valued forum & site- read posts by the mods and general mutual respect and behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
                    but YHB, how much did you get stung for from Hector and how were you made to pay the tax back ? Lump sum or over a period of time ?

Initially didn't consider it as never worked overseas before, then on own initiative few months on looked it up, 2009 tax assessment rather than now.

I am honouring my contract as I have principles and ethics and signed the contract- could easily have quit and come back to UK.

Want it to be more visible, as if had come across it in popular guides would have been aware.

Comment

Originally posted by YHB View Post
                      A website is nothing without visitors. The Internet is littered with popular websites which pi$$ed off its members and the members spun off and did their own more popular site.

I joined the forum as believed this company had a contractor focus, if this issue shows its lack of ethics and that it doesnt give a damn then im off to SHout 99 or dozen other forums.

See Pistonheads the massive car webiste, for an example of a community valued forum & site- read posts by the mods and general mutual respect and behaviour.

You and Denny will make a beautiful couple.
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X