• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US motorists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    The VW golf GTtdi has to be the best balance of economy and performance. I'm thinking of getting one for a beater.
    yep, from technical point of view its the best, however I would have still gotten 307 because it has better looks. Rather crap that PUG now fked up looks with that ugly POS of a nose, which means my next car is going to be Porsche 911 Carrera 4.

Comment

I don't recall the Porsche having a diesel engine?

Now this is a diesel engine.

Some facts on the 14 cylinder version:
      Total engine weight: 2300 tons (The crankshaft alone weighs 300 tons.)
      Length: 89 feet
      Height: 44 feet
      Maximum power: 108,920 hp at 102 rpm
      Maximum torque: 5,608,312 lb/ft at 102rpm

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
        They'll probably end up being bought by Toyota/Mitsubishi/Volksvagen/Renault/BMW/whatever. And then these companies will dictate what Americans drive
        No the American public will dictate what Americans drive, just as they do now. I believe it's called a free market.

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
          I believe it's called a free market.
          It appears now that the American public does not like to pay free market prices.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            It appears now that the American public does not like to pay free market prices.
            Then they won't pay it. That's why it's called a FREE market.

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
              Then they won't pay it. That's why it's called a FREE market.
              How does invasion of Iraq fits into FREE market?

Comment

Working...
              X