• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last Minute Poll: US Elections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My digital TV box thingy seems to have decided that sound is no longer an option. Mind you, I'm not sure if this relates to the SCART lead, or the box itself. It's been playing up for a while, but I'm still not certain if it's the lead or the connection.

<Glances around>

Oh sorry, this isn't TPD - apologies for cluttering the thread with ramblings as random as those currently offered by the "experts" on the television

Anybody got any idea WTF Simon Schama is doing there? Do the BBC owe him money or something?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      So many jokes...

Indeed...

However they're a popular foodstuff in The Netherlands - my Dutch ex-girlfriend was delighted to find them available in the UK. I ended up developing a taste for them, even though they look like two penises joined base-to-base

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        even though they look like two penises joined base-to-base
        Rather too much information there Nick

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Indeed...

However they're a popular foodstuff in The Netherlands - my Dutch ex-girlfriend was delighted to find them available in the UK. I ended up developing a taste for them, even though they look like two penises joined base-to-base
          The way she cut it in two and handed me one half didn't help... the first time she presented one of those as a snack, we both spent so much time bursting out laughing at the sight of the other raising it to their mouth, and at the thought of what raising it to our mouth looked like to the other, that the damn thing was cold before either of us managed to take a bite

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            Rather too much information there Nick
            I refer the honourable member to the reply I gave above

Comment

So, what's the view of the panel?

Is the existence of phallic Dutch smoked sausages of as much value as the random ramblings on the telly?

All any of them seem to be saying is "Well, I think this" "Well I don't" "Well in 1964 this happened" "Well your mom" "Well whatever" followed by some bloke saying "I live in a hut and everybody in the hut likes whatever it is that's happening, even though we don't know what it is"

Comment

"I live in a hut and everybody in the hut likes whatever it is that's happening, even though we don't know what it is"
                That's AtW's house, that is.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  That's AtW's house, that is.

When I'm awesomely rich I'm going to have a news channel that's willing to say "Nothing's happened since the last time you looked. Here's a kitten."

Or maybe a potter's wheel

Comment

FFS...

"Tell us what Barack Obama will be doing right at this moment."

"Well, he'll be watching the results, with his family..."

And there was me thinking he was setting off for the Amazonian jungle to discover a lost city

Comment

Dimbleby: "Simon Schama, a view from you?"

Schama: "Umm.... about what? Err..." <proceeds to ramble at great length and then have the temerity to say "Let me finish!" to somebody who tries to interject>

Comment

Working...
                      X