• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Part time work….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(WRT original post) Why oh why oh why oh why do people get themelves into this situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
      (WRT original post) Why oh why oh why oh why do people get themelves into this situation?
      What's not to understand? Originally posted by Wilmslow.

Comment

<canned laughter>

Comment

Assuming your job has a sensible salary, how can you not afford to make ends meet? Did you buy a £500K house and have to pay £2000/month? Do you have kids at private school? If so, you bought outside your means. If not, you just don't know how to live within your means. A software professional should not need to take a 2nd job to pay the rent, like some unskilled worker.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why do people still take this seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Assuming your job has a sensible salary, how can you not afford to make ends meet? Did you buy a £500K house and have to pay £2000/month? Do you have kids at private school? If so, you bought outside your means. If not, you just don't know how to live within your means. A software professional should not need to take a 2nd job to pay the rent, like some unskilled worker.
              Cos he bought another house without selling his old one. Perfect timing for becoming a BTL landlord
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                Cos he bought another house without selling his old one. Perfect timing for becoming a BTL landlord
                Not far off the truth to be honest.

I get £700 rent, mortgage is £550, but there is a lot of hassle with the measly £150 profit!

Plan is to wait another 40 years until the price starts to rise again.......

Just a bad couple of months - it is not every month you shell out £12K on home improvements!

We are talking new bathroom, kitchen and lounge. Literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  Not far off the truth to be honest.

I get £700 rent, mortgage is £550, but there is a lot of hassle with the measly £150 profit!

Plan is to wait another 40 years until the price starts to rise again.......

Just a bad couple of months - it is not every month you shell out £12K on home improvements!

We are talking new bathroom, kitchen and lounge. Literally.
                  <<<canned laughter>>>

Comment

Just in time to get down the post office and sort some xmas mail I think.
                    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                      Just in time to get down the post office and sort some xmas mail I think.
                      Hmm... You may be onto something.

I like the idea of a Saturday post round, I am used to getting up early and would welcome the excercise!

Comment

Working...
                      X