• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Crunch ™ Is it over poll?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    You could do worse than to consult the Pruffock Grey Slates Index(c)
    which states that the first signs of a recession is evident from restautant bookings - or the lack of.

Do you see lots of empty tables at your local restaurants ?

Find out !
    I went down Brick Lane yesterday and all the restaurants were empty not a single diner.

However, it was 9:30 am.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Recruitment does not look as hot from my view point. Contract market shrinking rapidly.

Contractor volume trend

Hourly rates (bottom of page) on the way south as well.

http://jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d/Rates.html

New site coming soon - maybe this side of Christmas if lucky

Comment

Originally posted by jobstats.co.uk View Post
        Recruitment does not look as hot from my view point. Contract market shrinking rapidly.

Contractor volume trend

Hourly rates (bottom of page) on the way south as well.

http://jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d/Rates.html

New site coming soon - maybe this side of Christmas if lucky
        if i pm you my key skill, can you pump up the market rate for me while i'm looking?

there's a pint in it for you.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/7700074.stm

Donald Trump has said he is "greatly honoured" his £1bn golf resort plan in Aberdeenshire has been approved, but opponents expressed disappointment.

US tycoon Mr Trump's plan to build two golf courses, as well as hundreds of homes, at Menie has caused business and environmental division for two years.

The plan was called in by the Scottish Government after it was rejected by an Aberdeenshire Council committee.

Finance Secretary John Swinney has backed it after a public local inquiry.

First Minister Alex Salmond also hailed the news, citing 6,000 possible jobs.

Credit Crunch, what Credit Crunch?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/7700074.stm

Donald Trump has said he is "greatly honoured" his £1bn golf resort plan in Aberdeenshire has been approved, but opponents expressed disappointment.

US tycoon Mr Trump's plan to build two golf courses, as well as hundreds of homes, at Menie has caused business and environmental division for two years.

The plan was called in by the Scottish Government after it was rejected by an Aberdeenshire Council committee.

Finance Secretary John Swinney has backed it after a public local inquiry.

First Minister Alex Salmond also hailed the news, citing 6,000 possible jobs.

Credit Crunch, what Credit Crunch?
            I read that as a sign of DOOM!

...to hell with the environment, golf course means jobs! Boris is doing the same down here:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3570

"the scheme ranges in height from 20 to 33 storeys and would create nearly 4,000 jobs and 274 homes."

Desperate. Crazy. DOOMED.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Can't see many job losses outside the City, shops are packed, roads are packed, airports are packed, contracts a plenty.

You decide.
              I don't think we will really see until the New Year. But I do think money is being pushed into economies around the world.

It's like one of the scams where xx people put £xxx and the first people get it, then they bring in their friends who put in more money. Everyone is happy making money for nothing until they can't find more people with more money. The whole thing falls apart, welcome to the British economy.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

If things stay gloomy, maybe I can get a sports car dirt cheap... anyone hear what they were saying about that on Top Gear last week?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X