• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The most odd/boring person you have ever worked with

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worked with a contractor who used to nip out to the local knocking shop, sometimes twice a day. (He was on a daily rate)

PS: he also used to fall asleep in the loo. Enough said because he is a forum member too.
    Last edited by Paddy; 1 November 2008, 13:00.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      He was on a daily rate
      With the client or the knocking shop?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post
        A couple of years ago, I worked with a bloke who had this fascination for buses. Weekends, he would go up to Victoria Bus Station and take photos and numbers. The worst bit was that he would take extended lunches to go ride on a normal bus that he had not been on before so that he could cross it off in his book. Not so bad if you're retired but he was in his mid twenties called Gavin and lived / worked on the Isle of Wight. His screen saver even consisted of coach pictures and he waffled on constantly about them.
        Last year I was surfing for accommodation, I came across a site dedicated to CAR PARK aficianados
        I tulip you not

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          With the client or the knocking shop?

Comment

I once worked with a bloke who, rather than buy us all a card at Christmas, would buy 1 card and send it round with a list for you to cross your name off when you'd seen it.
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              I once worked with a bloke who, rather than buy us all a card at Christmas, would buy 1 card and send it round with a list for you to cross your name off when you'd seen it.
              Chortle - That really takes the biscuit, or rather the mince pie.

I worked with a contractor who had a disastrous accident in the loo at the client site. Not what you might imagine, but when he sat down the seat broke and he fell off heavily, hitting his head on the wall and pulling a muscle.

I think he ended up stuck or immobile and had to be rescued; but he was so embarrassed he left the site immediately and we never saw him again.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                The oddest contractor was a bloke who used to pound the keys with such force it was a miracle to me that his keyboard survived.
                When not doing that he used to spend his day on the phone to agents (at least that's who we think he was talking to) saying things like "tell them to fook it, I'm not doing it for less than £750 a day plus expenses" very loudly.

We were sat in room of poorly paid (albeit useless) permies. He didn't get a renewal.

That was me.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  classic!

Now why didnt I think of that?
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I worked with a pigeon fancier once, used to talk about the damned things continuously, even had photo's of them on his desk, and the tail feathers of a prize bird that died; framed

I still twitch when I see pigeons
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Pretty much every software engineer that I have ever met

You know who you are.

Comment

Working...
                      X