• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The most odd/boring person you have ever worked with

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liability View Post
    Last year - guy from a very well known sauce hardware manufacturer walked into our offices at the time - he was with his Sales Director and said something along the lines of the following - I KID YOU NOT

"Right, What I need is every one of you to be quiet and listen to what I have to say as I am the expert and what I say is right; and the reason I am here is because none of you have a clue what you are doing"

At this stage we all looked at each other thinking "he is 'aving a laugh" but nope! He was dead serious!

The Programme Director says "Lets hear it then"

He then went on about how "his" solution was the best for about 45 mins totally ignoring our questions and comments.

At the end of the 45 mins the main Director just replied "Thanks, off you go."

It was just a class act! He didnt know what to say! LOL

Suffice to say he was removed from our account and subsequently fired from the sauce manufacturer.

Was it HP?

or Daddies?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

"Sauce Hardware" - bottles or those little sachets?

Comment

I forgot another class act as well!

Was a Tester when I was in Cheshire - he was off the scale on wierdness!

Was a proper wanabee Green Warrior once we saw him in the bushes watching rabbits!!

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
          I forgot another class act as well!

Was a Tester when I was in Cheshire - he was off the scale on wierdness!

Was a proper wanabee Green Warrior once we saw him in the bushes watching rabbits!!
          That's how it starts. Before you know it your videoing squirrels nibbling your nuts and posting it on the internet. Some people are sick.

Comment

I once worked with a contractor who was abusive to foreigners. Not racist - was just your country of origin that counted.

He lost his legs in a train crash. quite a few people were happy.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I once worked with a Aussie guy who stood up in a long and droning review meeting and said
              "Ah FFS this is a load of bollocks I'm out of here"
              I resemble that...I've done that numerous times. I remember a long meeting where all senior management were there and I was invited along as the techie. After discussing the same points numerous times I got up, said I have a real job to do and walked out. The number of times when I've been to meetings and the points have been discussed and minuted and then some bugger brings it up again at the end and I've told them to shut up as its already been discussed and been minuted are too many to count.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have such low regard for my chimp colleagues that I would barely notice if they never came back into the office.

Comment

Where to start.....

The woman who was trapped in the 70's who wouldn't do anything without her twin sister in tow. They apparently even used to share the same bed (but before you get carried away they were v.v.ugly).

The bearded bloke that used only 2 phrases to describe every situation, a) "Its up and down like a brides nighty" and b) "You/It/They are as much use as a chocolate teapot/fireguard". He also like to hammer the keyboard which was made worse by the amount of Jim'll Fix It jewlery he used to wear.

The bloke who spent all day huffing louder and louder, spouting H&S laws if you hung your coat on the back of your chair, and was so obsessed with Sponge Bob Square Pants that he threatened to call the police when someone walked off with his SBSP dolly.

The chap who new nothing about IT, but knew how to spend all day picking his scabby elbows and flicking it in my direction.

The Yoda look-a-like who had a massive ego (probably to make up for his minature height) so arragant that he could easily talk himself out of securing any job at the interview.

The bloke who spent all his life with a ear piece in one ear just so he could enter the daily quiz on the lcoal radio. When that was over he would play chess for the rest of the day.

The boss who used to suffer from white froth appearing in the corner of his mouth, usually while he was giving you a ticking off. The froth would eventualy land in my direction. Also used to start every sentence with the word "S'kay"

I could probably go on.....

IT is pretty much full of freaks and weirdo's (me included).

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
                    Where to start.....

The woman who was trapped in the 70's who wouldn't do anything without her twin sister in tow. They apparently even used to share the same bed (but before you get carried away they were v.v.ugly).

The bearded bloke that used only 2 phrases to describe every situation, a) "Its up and down like a brides nighty" and b) "You/It/They are as much use as a chocolate teapot/fireguard". He also like to hammer the keyboard which was made worse by the amount of Jim'll Fix It jewlery he used to wear.

The bloke who spent all day huffing louder and louder, spouting H&S laws if you hung your coat on the back of your chair, and was so obsessed with Sponge Bob Square Pants that he threatened to call the police when someone walked off with his SBSP dolly.

The chap who new nothing about IT, but knew how to spend all day picking his scabby elbows and flicking it in my direction.

The Yoda look-a-like who had a massive ego (probably to make up for his minature height) so arragant that he could easily talk himself out of securing any job at the interview.

The bloke who spent all his life with a ear piece in one ear just so he could enter the daily quiz on the lcoal radio. When that was over he would play chess for the rest of the day.

The boss who used to suffer from white froth appearing in the corner of his mouth, usually while he was giving you a ticking off. The froth would eventualy land in my direction. Also used to start every sentence with the word "S'kay"

I could probably go on.....

IT is pretty much full of freaks and weirdo's (me included).
                    sounds like I've been pretty lucky... although most of the time i'm the only (or most) technical bod in the team.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      I'll start

About 12 years ago I worked with a woman called Deborah, epitomy of a plain Jane, early 30s at the time but could have passed for 40s, wirey hair, middle aged clothes absolutely no sex appeal. So, the personality must have been strong?.. NO!..would walk past your desk in the morning, no hello, no goodbye in the evening. Any excuse to avoid contact with any other member of staff. Never came to lunch, never came for drinks. If she did speak it would usually be some sacastic comment.

I once found out, she had witnessed a violent attack outside her house. A group of masked criminals had dragged a guy out of the next door house and beat him about the body with baseball bats then bundled him into a car. the next day she came into work like nothing had happened. Most people would be a little shaken or feel the need to tell people about it.

This woman was a complete none person. Wonder if she considered contracting

God I'm bored!
                      ing

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X