• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benidorm as important as Stonehenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought Benidorm was in Switzerland and wondered why so many people wanted to go on holiday there.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I once went on an end of university lads holiday to Spain. They were doing a deal to Benidorm, we'd all been to Spain before but never there, so just assumed it would be somewhere between Majorca and the Costa dorrada on a tacky scale, i.e. quite nice to british seaside town tack. How wrong we were, Benidorm makes Blackpool appear classy. Full of bingo winged chavettes with muffin tops hanging over their Kappa tracksuit bottoms/rompersuits. Falby varicose veined grannies and grandads showing far too much flesh. Big fat near death pasty (apart from the burnt bits) dole'ites' from Scunthorpe or Romford or the like. Tricky Vicky (sick), underaged drinking, binking, puking. Apart from that it's nice. The worst place I have visited outside the UK.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        I once went on an end of university lads holiday to Spain. They were doing a deal to Benidorm, we'd all been to Spain before but never there, so just assumed it would be somewhere between Majorca and the Costa dorrada on a tacky scale, i.e. quite nice to british seaside town tack. How wrong we were, Benidorm makes Blackpool appear classy. Full of bingo winged chavettes with muffin tops hanging over their Kappa tracksuit bottoms/rompersuits. Falby varicose veined grannies and grandads showing far too much flesh. Big fat near death pasty (apart from the burnt bits) dole'ites' from Scunthorpe or Romford or the like. Tricky Vicky (sick), underaged drinking, binking, puking. Apart from that it's nice. The worst place I have visited outside the UK.
        Sticky!

And I agree with you on the front!!

But, I've been to Benidorm too, hen party! And we had a great time. There were 22 of us - all age ranges but we all had a good time I guess you lot will give me a pasting for that! The old town is quiet, the other beach not the Levante one is less chav-tastic and all in all it's not that bad.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

we felt horribly out of place there - 5 of us and not a single face tattoo between us.
          Last edited by DS23; 28 October 2008, 13:39. Reason: yeah

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            I guess you lot will give me a pasting for that!
            Must.....resist.....
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              Must.....resist.....
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

They should rename it BennyDawn after the people who go
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  Can I take this opportunity to point out what a bunch of pretentious snobs you lot are.

Many thanks,
                  Sal
                  xxx
                  SallyAnne, if even these guys think it's beneath them, it must be pretty minging.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Can I take this opportunity to point out what a bunch of pretentious snobs you lot are.

Many thanks,
                    Sal
                    xxx
                    SA....you're certainly living up to your signature......

nowt to say.
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      I went to benidorm as an after A level exams holiday with a bunch of school mate.
                      Seeing as how we were all 18/17 and interested only in birds and booze Benidorm was the perfect place

Went and saw Sticky Vicky and was amazed at the number of familys there... families as in parents + young children. Children young enough to occasionally be collared by their parents for running around (see chavs can exercise parental control)
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X