• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Benidorm as important as Stonehenge"

Collapse

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I walked all along Playa Poniente to the old town hoping for a good gloat at how the other half live. The reality of the situation was that I didn't hear a word of English the whole time I was there, mainly locals with a smattering of Russians. The bars in the old town near the harbour were actually really pleasant. Perhaps if I'd walked another few hundred yards though.....
    ah ha.... thats what it was called.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Sticky!

And I agree with you on the front!!

But, I've been to Benidorm too, hen party! And we had a great time. There were 22 of us - all age ranges but we all had a good time I guess you lot will give me a pasting for that! The old town is quiet, the other beach not the Levante one is less chav-tastic and all in all it's not that bad.
    I walked all along Playa Poniente to the old town hoping for a good gloat at how the other half live. The reality of the situation was that I didn't hear a word of English the whole time I was there, mainly locals with a smattering of Russians. The bars in the old town near the harbour were actually really pleasant. Perhaps if I'd walked another few hundred yards though.....

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I once went on an end of university lads holiday to Spain. They were doing a deal to Benidorm, we'd all been to Spain before but never there, so just assumed it would be somewhere between Majorca and the Costa dorrada on a tacky scale, i.e. quite nice to british seaside town tack. How wrong we were, Benidorm makes Blackpool appear classy. Full of bingo winged chavettes with muffin tops hanging over their Kappa tracksuit bottoms/rompersuits. Falby varicose veined grannies and grandads showing far too much flesh. Big fat near death pasty (apart from the burnt bits) dole'ites' from Scunthorpe or Romford or the like. Tricky Vicky (sick), underaged drinking, binking, puking. Apart from that it's nice. The worst place I have visited outside the UK.
    I went to benidorm as an after A level exams holiday with a bunch of school mate.
    Seeing as how we were all 18/17 and interested only in birds and booze Benidorm was the perfect place

Went and saw Sticky Vicky and was amazed at the number of familys there... families as in parents + young children. Children young enough to occasionally be collared by their parents for running around (see chavs can exercise parental control)

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Can I take this opportunity to point out what a bunch of pretentious snobs you lot are.

Many thanks,
    Sal
    xxx
    SA....you're certainly living up to your signature......

nowt to say.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Can I take this opportunity to point out what a bunch of pretentious snobs you lot are.

Many thanks,
    Sal
    xxx
    SallyAnne, if even these guys think it's beneath them, it must be pretty minging.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    They should rename it BennyDawn after the people who go

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Must.....resist.....

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I guess you lot will give me a pasting for that!
    Must.....resist.....

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    we felt horribly out of place there - 5 of us and not a single face tattoo between us.
    Last edited by DS23; 28 October 2008, 13:39. Reason: yeah

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I once went on an end of university lads holiday to Spain. They were doing a deal to Benidorm, we'd all been to Spain before but never there, so just assumed it would be somewhere between Majorca and the Costa dorrada on a tacky scale, i.e. quite nice to british seaside town tack. How wrong we were, Benidorm makes Blackpool appear classy. Full of bingo winged chavettes with muffin tops hanging over their Kappa tracksuit bottoms/rompersuits. Falby varicose veined grannies and grandads showing far too much flesh. Big fat near death pasty (apart from the burnt bits) dole'ites' from Scunthorpe or Romford or the like. Tricky Vicky (sick), underaged drinking, binking, puking. Apart from that it's nice. The worst place I have visited outside the UK.
    Sticky!

And I agree with you on the front!!

But, I've been to Benidorm too, hen party! And we had a great time. There were 22 of us - all age ranges but we all had a good time I guess you lot will give me a pasting for that! The old town is quiet, the other beach not the Levante one is less chav-tastic and all in all it's not that bad.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I always thought Benidorm was in Switzerland and wondered why so many people wanted to go on holiday there.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    went to benidorm on a day trip (from our holiday in spain) a few years back to go to the waterworld park that was advertised. the kids love a water park and i do too. the place was absolutely heaving - people lying about everywhere: on the pavements, on the verges, on the trees and plants. it was so disgustingly dirty that i am gagging as i recall it. nasty. very nasty.

the whole skyscraping place was quite an eyeopener - utterly, utterly hideous. mind you, from a thousand yards in a hot car stuck in endless traffic the beach looked fantastic.

there is an amusement park up on the hill and i went there with my daughter on the penultimate day of our holiday for a treat. everyone else refused to go back to benidorm but she loves rollercoasters and so do i. that place was relatively empty, clean and fun - stayed there for the whole day and had a great time.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied

Many thanks,
    Sal
    xxx

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Many thanks,
    Sal
    xxx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X