• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know you are getting old when...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Actually I think it’s the old farties who are rude and inconsiderate, pushing into queues, claiming their pensioner privileges and ranting about young people today; most of the young folks I meet are quite polite and friendly.
    True - I had a debate with an old geezer who tried to push into an airport check in queue ahead of me - he was all new agey "like why be so heavy about it man, does it really matter" so I informed him if it was really of so little consequence I couldn't see why he needed to be ahead - and retook my original place in the queue :-)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Just had to practically kick two students out of my way to get enough room to walk down the corridor...

They're lucky I don't have anything to do with the marks they get...

Which part of "Excuse me" was so difficult to understand...

"Yo! Bitch! F--k off outta my mothaf--kin' way! BITCH!!" is, I think, the latest idiom.

Comment

... I've started buying mints for the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          ... I've started buying mints for the car.
          Mine prefers oil.

Comment

And what the fashion of wearing trousers half pulled down your legs all about?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Sexual optimism
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I was up at my parents the other day and got one of their unsued phones talking to the other Dect compatible phone. Anyway I thought I'd make a note on how to do speed dialling on it for them. It comprised just two steps.

1. Press the [draws the icon] button until the name of the person you want to call comes up.
                2. Press the green [draws the icon] button

Just to be sure I asked Mother to pretend she was phonmeing me...First thing she did was press the 1. key. D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  It's called Droopy Drawers, and is supposed to be macho. But it looks blatantly gay to me.

(But then biker leather gear and whiskers like a walrus used to be thought macho ..)
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    You lose tolerance with delusional fools like atW and CyberCretin.

I find I have more tolerance with idiots such as Sasgarbage !!

Comment

Working...
                    X