• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Europe on the brink of currency crisis meltdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    As long as pound drops against dollar it's okay by me.
    Suits me find too - I earn in dollars.

Why do you want the pound to drop?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      When did commodities start to drop? When the dollar started to strengthen.
      Dollar did not become 2-3 times stronger compared to start of the year, nickel for example dropped almost 3 times in a year: http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/ni...cal_large.html

This means that while dollar strength that has been kicking in in the last few months probably helps the downwards trends of this and other commodities (but probably not all), however the drops in their value are much higher than increase in strength of dollar - basically speculative bubble supported in big part by hedge funds is deflating and this is the main reason for commodities other than oil to drop, the latter is helped by what seems to be now unlikely strike on Iran with Bush in power, though I think it might happen next year anyway but oil market might be okay at the time.

Comment

Observatory Report UK Politics

Darling also said that the Royal Bank of Scotland survival had been due to the strength of the UK, and the events of the last few weeks had now left the case for Scottish independence "in tatters".

The International Economic crises presents a boon to the Government - to be re-elected they must first crush the challenge from their power bastion in Scotland now challenged by the SNP .

Next - to alienate Tory voters from Cameron by New Labour Leader Brown's repeated statments that the crises originates from America and fear of a novice Torys Government faliure to cope duirng a period of Global Economic Turmoil.
        Last edited by Central-Scrutiniser; 26 October 2008, 20:44.
        If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Latest shock news: Brown says the banking crisis would never had happened if the whole world had just listened to him all along.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Latest shock news: Brown says the banking crisis would never had happened if the whole world had just listened to him all along.
            Atw
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Atw
              LONDON (AFP) — British Prime Minister Gordon Brown on Sunday vented his anger that other countries ignored his plan for averting global financial crises.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...LBXsAs2RQ0roRQ

Comment

Suits me find too - I earn in dollars.

Why do you want the pound to drop?
                You haven't made him aware of the worst effect of the pound losing value. Squirrels will move away from Uk to countries with a more stable currency.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

No return to boom and bust !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    No return to boom and bust !!
                    Can someone change that stuck record?
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

the pound under continued pressure

..as it drops another percentage point.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment