• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clarkson in trouble again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
    To turn the argument around: What rights have the walkers got to be there? What do they think entitles them to walk on something he has legally bought? If I let you drive my car for 21 years and then sold it to another bloke, should he let you drive it also??
    You're confusing the English legal system with logic. There are weird laws about squatting and so on that are crazy and rely on "they've been doing it for ages without you complaining, so they are allowed to continue". I'm sure some one can give more info.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
      Now that does sound a little unjust, but I can believe it.
      It is a little, but the footpath will (Or should) only have its status changed after a lengthy period of frequent public use.

As was mentioned before, Clarkson should have known about the footpath before he purchased the property.
      However, given that it's not a public right of way would the footpath show up on any OS searches?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        You're confusing the English legal system with logic. There are weird laws about squatting and so on that are crazy and rely on "they've been doing it for ages without you complaining, so they are allowed to continue". I'm sure some one can give more info.
        Yes yes, I know... silly me! That said though, it remains his land atm.

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        It is a little, but the footpath will (Or should) only have its status changed after a lengthy period of frequent public use.

As was mentioned before, Clarkson should have known about the footpath before he purchased the property.
        However, given that it's not a public right of way would the footpath show up on any OS searches?
        Well quite. Mind you, there would have been a duty on the seller to tell him would there not? When I sold my last house I had to fill in a questionnaire from the solicitor with lots of similar questions on.

Comment

Working...
        X