• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors to get sick pay, holiday pay etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    We've had to look at this at client co (one of my jobs).

The basic advice is for agency temps to keep them on training wages for 2 years then bin them.

As long as they are on a "training wage" then you can be paid differently etc.

Yeah like it takes 2 years to train someone!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I suspect this is about end Clients being forced to remunerate singleton contractors (through a 3rd party company or not) on a par with employees. This will no doubt mean 'invoicabale days' when you're not on site, or a certain number of 'invoicable days' per year when ill.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
        I suspect this is about end Clients being forced to remunerate singleton contractors (through a 3rd party company or not) on a par with employees. This will no doubt mean 'invoicabale days' when you're not on site, or a certain number of 'invoicable days' per year when ill.
        As I've already pointed out, contractors are not Temporary Agency Workers. This has no effect whatsoever on contractors or their clients.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          As I've already pointed out, contractors are not Temporary Agency Workers. This has no effect whatsoever on contractors or their clients.
          shhhh
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
            This legislation is for temps and has no effect on us Ltd co professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Yeah like it takes 2 years to train someone!
              As long as they are on "structured" training and its "regular" you can use them as a temp for 2 years.

Boomed.

Comment

I pay myself a salary while on holiday now. It's myco that looses out as they can't bill the client. Hopefully any new legislation of this nature would point to me being outside of IR35

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                  This legislation is for temps and has no effect on us Ltd co professionals.
                  Unless you dump the Ltd and work as a sole trader... or is that not possible?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Surely if you are IR35 caught then this legislation will apply.
                    This is as good an incentive for agents and clients to make sure that we have proper B2B contracts as there has been.

I also pay my salary when I am benched, on holiday or sick.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      Surely if you are IR35 caught then this legislation will apply.
                      In your dreams!

Why do you imagine that being "deemed" an employee will entitle you to these rights? I snort with derision at the suggestion!

Comment

Working...
                      X