• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Osbourne scandal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am NOT I certainly don't do such threats unless I fully intend to follow them through.
    Really?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      I never said I would, I just pointed out that you what you said could be interpreted as saying SAS was not concerned about how honestly he made his money.
      It would be wrong interpretation on too many levels to bother to argue here. I am confident however that if I was in court I would have been able to argue my points successfully. If you are not confident you could do it yourself then don't make legal threats, because someone sometime will call you bluff on this and it will cost you in losing face or losing court case.

Considering the fuss you made when a post suggested you might be less than honest you may want to consider why this argument is being continued, or why SAS made his original reply.
      That was a totally different matter.

First I was named personally and link was made to my business.

Secondly I was accused of dishonesty in running my business, this was totally baseless claim that I was forced to deal with since there was clear link to my name/business.

There was neither in the case of sas - in fact my phrase did not even mean him at all, I thought it was obvious since he hasn't got billions or millions, and even if he had I stated pretty clearly that being ethical/honest in effect makes it less likely (or harder) to make so much money. It's generic observation, perhaps the Union of Billionaires can bring up a claim on behalf of their members. I doubt sas is the member though, not even associate.

Also I tried to reason with the person and explained why they were wrong - I did not threaten to sue, at the end I said it could lead to libel case that he'd lose for sure. From my side I was confident that the case was there and I could win in court, and I was ready to carry it through if necessary, it's not something I like - I was in court once in this country and I won, but it takes too much energy and money, for me it is really the last resort. That's why I don't like or make baseless threats of that nature - I would go on record now saying that people who make baseless legal threats that they don't intend to carry out are acting, in my view, less than honestly - it certainly not ethical, in my view, practice and should be avoided.
      Last edited by AtW; 22 October 2008, 15:52.

Comment

It would be wrong interpretation on too many levels to bother to argue here.

Secondly I was accused of dishonesty in running my business, this was totally baseless claim that I was forced to deal with since there was clear link to my name/business.

Also I tried to reason with the person and explained why they were wrong - I did not threaten to sue, at the end I said it could lead to libel case that he'd lose for sure. From my side I was confident that the case was there and I could win in court, and I was ready to carry it through if necessary, it's not something I like - I was in court once in this country and I won, but it takes too much energy and money, for me it is really the last resort. That's why I don't like or make baseless threats of that nature - I would go on record now saying that people who make baseless legal threats that they don't intend to carry out are acting, in my view, less than honestly - it certainly not ethical, in my view, practice and should be avoided.
        Dude, you need to go out and get yourself a blowjob.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

It would be wrong interpretation on too many levels to bother to argue here.
          Remind me again what you said about not being a native speaker and how that made my argument valueless. How would you know if that were a wrong interpretation? Or are you now claiming to be a master of the English language and all its nuances?
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

It would be wrong interpretation on too many levels to bother to argue here. I am confident however that if I was in court I would have been able to argue my points successfully. If you are not confident you could do it yourself then don't make legal threats, because someone sometime will call you bluff on this and it will cost you in losing face or losing court case.

There was neither in the case of sas - in fact my phrase did not even mean him at all, I thought it was obvious since he hasn't got billions or millions, and even if he had I stated pretty clearly that being ethical/honest in effect makes it less likely (or harder) to make so much money. It's generic observation, perhaps the Union of Billionaires can bring up a claim on behalf of their members. I doubt sas is the member though, not even associate.

At the risk of sounding like SandyDown... Yawn.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Remind me again what you said about not being a native speaker and how that made my argument valueless. How would you know if that were a wrong interpretation? Or are you now claiming to be a master of the English language and all its nuances?
              I am not a master of English language and I don't know all the nuances. It was however pretty reasonable statement made by me that had no intentions that you claimed - perhaps I could have phrased it better to avoid any ambiguity that may have been created, that's true however insofar as any possible court case is concerned I don't think it would add weight to your arguement at all.

Anyway, I am off now, I'll let the readers come to their own conclusions.

Comment

Anyway, I am off now, I'll let the readers come to their own conclusions.
                Most will come to the only conclusion possible: you've lost your marbles. Everyone knows it but you.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  Dude, you need to go out and get yourself a blowjob.
                  Look snaw, your words as you say them don't bother me, that's your personal opinion, however how would you feel like if someone on this forum posted your real name, link to place where you work and accused you falsely of being dishonest, basically defrauding your clients/employers? That really crossed the line and I argued patiently at first to clear up the issue, it was not something I wanted to happen or deal with, just like now I am forced into this stupid conversation when it is obvious there is no libel case whatsoever yet some members of this esteemed board seem intent to continue.

Comment

Look snaw, your words as you say them don't bother me, that's your personal opinion, however how would you feel like if someone on this forum posted your real name, link to place where you work and accused you falsely of being dishonest, basically defrauding your clients/employers? That really crossed the line and I argued patiently at first to clear up the issue, it was not something I wanted to happen or deal with, just like now I am forced into this stupid conversation when it is obvious there is no libel case whatsoever yet some members of this esteemed board seem intent to continue.
                    That may well all be true. But you still need to get yourself a blowjob.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Most will come to the only conclusion possible: you've lost your marbles.
                      Fair enough, everyone is entitled to come to their conclusions about that, it's certainly not something I would use legal threats about - maybe you should stop trying that too: baseless legal threats in my view are dishonest and highly unethical.

There sure plenty of people out there who are dishonest and unethical, yet they do not have billions or millions.

Off to do something useful now.

Comment

Working...
                      X