• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Osbourne scandal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Do you have billions of pounds? Or millions?

Change your lawyer. For starters it can't be libel since it a generic statement of my view on the matter, the subject of discussion is not you in any case.

Secondly even if it was you I was referring to, then nobody knows your real name here, you are just a on the bottom of this forum, actual legal practice in the country suggests that libel is not possible in this case at all.

Now even if we knew your real name and I referred to you by it or linking to your page with your name, even then I think it would not be libel because in order to pursue libel case you need to have a good reputation and/or standing in the first place, I don't think you have either.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

This is what I said:

"It's always less likely to have millions or billions if you actually trying to earn them honestly. Not something that is a factor for you, but it is for me."

So you want to try to go to court with libel claim on the basis of these 2 sentences from a non-native English speaker, something that was known to the person in question?

That was obviously meant as a generic statement of my view that earnngs lots of money to the tune of billions is much harder than if you do it honestly. I was not aware if sas had billions or even millions. When I used word "you" I meant it as "one".

Now then I said it's not a factor for sasguru which is my view based on his character as presented on this board, should this have gone to court his postings would need to be taken into account, whether sas guru himself earned millions dishonestly or not I have no idea, I just think he'd deal with a billionaire guy (not sasguru obviously) who in my view certainly did not earn his money honestly because for sas guru (and Osborne apparently) the way how the money were earned by the counter party is not a factor in my view.

You want to sue me on the basis of that? How about you try it? Unlike you or sas I have known person behind the nick, so legal papers can actually be served - if they do, then I will defend in court and I will certainly win, there won't be any settlements because I would certainly love to make an example of someone who files frivolous lawsuits. Given sas's threat he is one of those peopel. Or more likely he is a bulltuliper - now go on, I dare you to sue me for "defaming" you (sasguru) by alleging that you are a bull that tulips - just remember it's not libel if its true

I think you should moderate your language.
      So instead of defaming SAS you just accused every multi-millionaire of being dishonest?
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

No. Only if there is info provided linking that user-name to specific person, or it is well known who is the person behind that user name. And even that might not be sufficient to satisfy libel laws of this country.
        you're ahead, i suggest you quit
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          The Jews were on the shady side (grey economy) of communist Russia because they were marginalised by the Kremlin.
          Since they were a bit shady, when everything became de-regulated they were best placed to take advantage.
          I don't care if they are Jews or not, the propostion of Jews in Kremlin or among rich people is of zero interest to me. Why would I care? I am not a nazi after all. What I care about is proportion of criminals in Kremlin or among very rich people, now that figure is way too high and it certainly exceeds proportion of Jews among those groups (not that it matters).

Frankly, my observation is that if you exclude Nazi Germany of the 1930s, and also Palestine plus maybe few Arab states, then Russia would be the kind of country where you'd see Nazi like blame of lots of stuff on jews. It's completely baseless and totally wrong.

Comment

I don't care if they are Jews or not, the propostion of Jews in Kremlin or among rich people is of zero interest to me. Why would I care? I am not a nazi after all. What I care about is proportion of criminals in Kremlin or among very rich people, now that figure is way too high and it certainly exceeds proportion of Jews among those groups (not that it matters).

Frankly, my observation is that if you exclude Nazi Germany of the 1930s, and also Palestine plus maybe few Arab states, then Russia would be the kind of country where you'd see Nazi like blame of lots of stuff on jews. It's completely baseless and totally wrong.
            I can't be bothered.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              So instead of defaming SAS you just accused every multi-millionaire of being dishonest?
              No read my words carefully - I said it is less likely to make so much money if you are honest, ethical person because in a lot of big money deals such qualities are detrimental to earning billions or millions.

Obviously there are plenty of honest millionaires and even billionaires - however if you talk about the latters in Russia then it is my view that the way they acquired the money suggests that honest earning of money had nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I am pretty comfortable about my legal position in this case.

Now here is the best part mate - I am talking to "The Lone Gunman" here to avoid any mistakes, didn't you say you were in prison once? If so I think you'd have hard time in court proving your point on this matter - not that it makes you bad person, just it might weight your arguement down so much that it will collapse even before real hearing starts

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                you're ahead, i suggest you quit
                Good point, see you next month or whenever Big SKA news are ready...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  You have to be careful. You may not know him, but others might. He may have a good rep that he relies on. Defaming him could damage that rep.
                  Just the last point - assuming here sasguru has got good reputation that he relies on (in real life), I think if half of the stuff he posts on this forum (and this includes the stuff his sockpuppets post) came out in court (as it would in any court case), then his real life reputation will suffer. Or maybe it won't. Or maybe it can't.

Comment

Just the last point - assuming here sasguru has got good reputation that he relies on (in real life), I think if half of the stuff he posts on this forum came out in court (as it would in any court case), then his reputation will be in tatters.
                    arse

Comment

No read my words carefully - I said it is less likely to make so much money if you are honest, ethical person because in a lot of big money deals such qualities are detrimental to earning billions or millions.

Obviously there are plenty of honest millionaires and even billionaires - however if you talk about the latters in Russia then it is my view that the way they acquired the money suggests that honest earning of money had nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I am pretty comfortable about my legal position in this case.

Now here is the best part mate - I am talking to "The Lone Gunman" here to avoid any mistakes, didn't you say you were in prison once? If so I think you'd have hard time in court proving your point on this matter - not that it makes you bad person, just it might weight your arguement down so much that it will collapse even before real hearing starts
                      Your command of the English language is letting you down again.
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X