• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working from home only for developers ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    No. I think its actually a trick question. Something to do with laying them side by side, or end to end.
    or something

Solution for three men, one woman and two condoms here. This might have 'come' in handy for you ex-military guys, earlier in your careers

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      3?

You havent lived!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Solution for three men, one woman and two condoms here. This might have 'come' in handy for you ex-military guys, earlier in your careers

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Only on CUK.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I heard this morning that Rolf Harris is re-releasing 'two little boys'

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I agree with Nick. The rest of you is just fick, innit?
              I'm the cream of CUK.

Rich and thick.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I'm the cream of CUK.

Rich and thick.
                and past your sell by date?

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
                  Hi ,

I have done infrastructure work , what not in Microsoft. I don't program at all but I am very techy and can pick up coding skills in a few months.

Is there a market for home work other than coding ? Something related to IT of course..
                  You are looking in completely the wrong place and not even considering using the skills and experience you have gained so far.

You should be looking at moving into solution design and architecture, not programming. Plenty of documentation you can do from home, strategy, position papers, architectural documentation, etc, etc, etc.

So, look at something like TOGAF, look to see what skills and experience you need against what you have, and work out a plan how to get there.

Oh yeah - the money is pretty good too!!

All IMHO of course...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

If you can do your work from home, unless you're outstanding, so can someone in India or some other country.
                    While there is a medium-term time window in which such work still exists, as communication improves (both with people and with technology) such work will dry up.

IMHO, of course.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      If you can do your work from home, unless you're outstanding, so can someone in India or some other country.
                      While there is a medium-term time window in which such work still exists, as communication improves (both with people and with technology) such work will dry up.

IMHO, of course.
                      True, up to a point. Some sensitive information, for example, will not be going offshore, regardless of how cheap it is...
                      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X