• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The death of the coffee shops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Too right, Wetherspoons is full of BLAH BLAH etc.
    Thankfully they are not riddled with pretentious tosspots like you, sitting there nursing your frothy coffee and reading your Terry Pratchett novels, forlornly hoping that some female will be impressed with your Metallica T-shirt and your IPod!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Too right, Wetherspoons is full of the great unwashed. Toothless pensioners nursing their real ales, unemployed skinheads covered in tattoos, chav mums in shellsuits and, oh yeah, Shaunbhoy!!
      Labour call these people "hard working families". They are just killing time, having a beer until the next Social cheque clears.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Thankfully they are not riddled with pretentious tosspots like you, sitting there nursing your frothy coffee and reading your Terry Pratchett novels, forlornly hoping that some female will be impressed with your Metallica T-shirt and your IPod!
        I don't do frothy coffee, it's black, no sugar thanks. I hate Terry Pratchett (it's for geeky developers) and I don't have a Metallica t-shirt. I will however, leave you to the company of the chavs and the feckless...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I don't do frothy coffee, it's black, no sugar thanks. I hate Terry Pratchett (it's for geeky developers) and I don't have a Metallica t-shirt. I will however, leave you to the company of the chavs and the feckless...

Well any pub that doesn't have snobby winkers like you in it will be fine for me.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I can just imagine SB on his own in Wetherspoons nursing his warm ale with a gormless but amiable expression on his face.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I can just imagine SB on his own in Wetherspoons nursing his warm ale with a gormless but amiable expression on his face.
              Well you need to rely upon that imagination for so much of what goes on in your mundane little existence, it hardly comes as a surprise. If you ever left your keyboard and got out a bit more, perhaps you could be taken more seriously sg?

Comment

Realistically, if you want to pay £4 for a coffee with all the extras including snob factor, then you would go to a starbucks and get one with all the trimmings

If you just want a coffee then you'll probably grab one from burger king, greggs, MccyD or some other low end fried cat pusher.

Comment

Nicely played feckless

Comment

beer is beer - if you are out to get leatehred then weatherspoons is a great place to start!

so what if it has chavs - it also has plenty of teenage milf (if that is a good thing?)

I also like to attend the more high brow establishements but they do tend to be full of wide-o's, wierdo's and students drinking daddy's money.

any way bit late for this argument but am bored over lunch going and am off for a fag before I get back to my printer and router audit (Yawn)

Comment

I once went in a Wetherspoons in Hammersmith while waiting for someone. I know they are low rent but that had to be the scummiest pub I have ever been in. A middle aged chap was counting his copper on the bar when I got a pint of Kronenberg. "I wish I could afford one of those" says he.
                      Went to sit down and it was like a scene out of Oliver twist or some etching by Hogarth. Full of all sorts of nefarious characters. The whole lower floor smelt of effluence. Apart from that it was OK.

It's grim down south
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X